What should we do in Key West?

auggiemom

There are shops galore, bars and restaurants galore, and places of "interest"....the southernmost point in the USA, Ernest Hemingways home....you won't be there for the sunset, but that's a big deal, too!

Read up on KW...there's PLENTY to keep you busy!

We are only there from 7:00 - 2:00 and have never been there before. I know there is a Coach store that I really want to go to, but other than that not sure. Any suggestions?

Have you been to the Coach stores in WI in Johnson Creek or the Dells? The one in Key West is the same. It's an outlet. Just FYI...

As for what to do, we just enjoy walking around. We go down Duval Street, then head over to the Southernmost Point. We also get a drink at the Schooner Wharf Bar, then one at Hog's Breath. I know a lot of people like the trolley or the conch train--one of them allows you to get on and off. Just get yourself a map and see if there's anything you want to see. Key West is our favorite. Have a great time!!!

So many things to see and do in Key West that have to be more interesting than visiting a Coach store (you can go on Oasis of the Seas and do that, LOL) The conch train will give you a good overview of Key West and the driver will regale you with stories and historical facts about KW, Hemingway's House, the Truman Summer White House and Mel Fisher's museum are just a few of the key attractions in Key West and you should at least walk up Duval Street and stop in one of the several bars that open up onto the street (Sloppy Joe's and Irish Kevin's are two of our favorites. :)

Get the obligitory picture taken at the Southernmost point of the states, eat some conch fritters and key lime pie, wander around and look at the beautiful homes. Oh, and make sure to get a pic of one of the countless chickens and roosters that roam the streets. We were sitting in Hog's Breath and it was hysterical to see a rooster stake his claim on the bar floor and chase the pigeons away.:)

Oh wait...you wanted to know what you should do, right? I told you everything I would do! :D

We went jet skiing. Search i ski key west. We were all around key west. We actually jet skiied with a school of dolphins which was one of the most spectacular things I have ever done in my life! Our guide was fantastic. He knew history and showed us all kinds of interesting places. It is a nice walk from the cruiseship (not immediately when you get off). Just google for more information.

Have to be honest with you...didn't even know they had one in Johnson Creek...might have to check that out:)

Yeah, it's pretty new! I went a few weeks ago and they have some great stuff. I got a passport holder and a new purse. If you go to the Coach website, I think you can sign up for coupons. It's on the side by Old Navy. I think they are having a sale this weekend too!

Again, have a great time in KW. We just love it there.

Take the Trolley... get off at Southernmost Bouy for photo op.

Get your self something key lime...

I got the choc dipped frozen key lime pie on a stick... excellent (Kermits)

I also had some key lime sherbet... also excellent.

We did the Truman Little White House tour... not bad for 50+ adults.

Sloppy Joe's Bar is very close to the port, as is Hog's Breath...

Make sure you get off of Duval Street for part of the time and enjoy walking the side streets and the restored Key West homes...that's our favorite Key West activity. Our favorite store in Key West is Fast Buck Freddy's so give that a look if you stay on Duval. And don't pass up the Key Lime pie on a stick.

Chocolate covered Key Lime Pie on a stick! OMG...you haven't lived till you've tried it.:D

There's also a Key Lime products store. I want to say it's on Elizabeth Street. Wonderful products with a tropical scent. Lovely stuff.

Visit the cemetery to pay your respects at the USS Maine memorial and find the headstone that says "I told you I was sick."

Mallory Square, The Conch Republic Seafood Company on the Boardwalk, as well as all of the Boardwalk - just take a walk down it. All of Duvall St. Make sure to take a pic at Sloppy Joe's (actually pics of everything)...

Hope it's a beautiful day for you. Key West is so lovely.........

ENJOY!

You can go up to the top of the lighthouse. AAA discount if you are a member. http://www.key-west-florida.com/lighthouse.htm

That reminds me. If you go to the top of La Concha Crowne Plaza Hotel on Duval Street, you can get a great view. There is a bar and a patio at the top of the hotel. You'll be able to see the ship and all of Key West. It's really an amazing view!

Get the obligitory picture taken at the Southernmost point of the states, eat some conch fritters and key lime pie, wander around and look at the beautiful homes. Oh, and make sure to get a pic of one of the countless chickens and roosters that roam the streets. We were sitting in Hog's Breath and it was hysterical to see a rooster stake his claim on the bar floor and chase the pigeons away.:)

Oh wait...you wanted to know what you should do, right? I told you everything I would do! :D

Yikes:eek:, have you been following us around. That's exactly what we do:)

Too funny! When we were there a couple of weeks ago that's exactly what happened, having a drink in Hog's Breath and sure enough across the street up comes a rooster. And yes, I got a picture of it.

If you go to Hogg's Breath Saloon, get on their camera feed. Call someone from back home and wave to them like a crazy tourist. It is fun.

Go to Kenos. They make sandals and bags there for a great price.

Go to Heminway's House, it is very interesting.

Take your time getting off the ship if shopping is your main interest, no stores will be open that early. Most people just went to bed not long before your arrival time.

Key West is absolutely one of our favorite places.

Archived