Are the drinks inside the mini-fridge free?

mlredman2

I believe there have been pictures of the mini-fridges, full of water and other tinned drinks. Are these free or is there a charge? Thanks.

No. The drinks are not free. The drinks are the same price as if you bought the drink from one of the ship's bars - including the addition of a 15% tip.

How would housekeeping know that you were drinking the drinks you brought onboard yourself?

If there were two bottles of water in the fridge at the beginning of the cruise and there are two bottles of water in the fridge at the end of the cruise, then you didn't drink any water - even if you did. The same applies to the other drinks.

If there were two bottles of water in the fridge at the beginning of the cruise and there are two bottles of water in the fridge at the end of the cruise, then you didn't drink any water - even if you did. The same applies to the other drinks.

Keep in mind that the inventory is kepts and a regular basis. It's not just done at the end of the cruise. When I take a Coke out, one is replaced and a charge ticket is placed on the counter.

How would housekeeping know that you were drinking the drinks you brought onboard yourself?

They inventory everything.....and know when somethinng is missing. Each fridge is stocked with the same things, in the same places....

....and...there wouldn't be any other booze in there 'cause it's not permitted......:D:eek:

Keep in mind that the inventory is kepts and a regular basis. It's not just done at the end of the cruise. When I take a Coke out, one is replaced and a charge ticket is placed on the counter.

The same applies on a daily basis. If you bring your own bottle of water, and only drink out of that, you are not going to get charged.

I was mistakenly charged for a can of Coke. I brought it to the room steward's attention. The charge was reversed in a matter of minutes.

They inventory everything.....and know when somethinng is missing. Each fridge is stocked with the same things' date=' in the same places....

....and...there wouldn't be any other booze in there 'cause it's not permitted......:D:eek:[/quote']

You are very wrong. I found three bottles of wine in my cabin when I was on the Serenade. It was a gift from my TA. Given that it was delivered by the ship's personal, it was there with the permission of the cruise line. I kept the bottles in the fridge. Again, no problem.

Archived