Fyi

Pokeynose

Just wanted to let anyone who buys clothing in the Signature Shop that they do not do anything if the clothing shrinks after you get home. I bought several pieces for myself and as gifts. The clothing fit on the ship, even wore a few pieces (shifts). Washed them when I got them home in cold water and hung to dry, never put in the dryer. The people I bought shifts as gifts had the same thing happen. I called and talked to someone in the Signature shop and the above information was given to me. I even bought two sizes bigger since these were cotton. I spent well over $100.00. I know this is buyer beware but I never thought the clothing would shrink as much as it did. I will not make this mistake again.:mad:

The rep said to make copies of all my receipts, send a letter and someone might review it. Am now waiting for someone from Customer Rel. to send me copies as some were lost. This was over a week ago. Will give them more time as I know I am not the only one they are dealing with.

I hope I won't be flamed for posting this but I am really mad and disappointed.

You don't give the date of your cruise, but these kinds of things do tend to move slowly with HAL. You should definitely get a response eventually.

It takes time when they are communicating with all the far-flung ships, and with staff members joining ships and leaving ships. That said, they should be grateful to you for having pointed this out to them so that they can identify the source of the shrinking clothes and take measures to find other suppliers.:)

The rep said to make copies of all my receipts, send a letter and someone might review it. Am now waiting for someone from Customer Rel. to send me copies as some were lost. This was over a week ago. Will give them more time as I know I am not the only one they are dealing with.

I hope I won't be flamed for posting this but I am really mad and disappointed.

Are you dealing with HAL on this matter or with the operator of the shops which is Starboard Cruise Services?

I'm dealing with both, the Signature shops and HAL to get tkhe receipts. I'm not going to let this go after all the money I spent. It may take some time but I've got more time than money.

The person I talked to from the Signature shops wasn't too happy when I told her I was going to warn people on CC. Tioo Bad.:p

The person I talked to from the Signature shops wasn't too happy when I told her I was going to warn people on CC. Tioo Bad.:p

Threatening is never a good tactic. Negotiating a refund, or anything for that matter, is a give and take scenario and the best results come from a good attitude and fair mindedness. Perhaps your approach needs to be toned down?

Threatening is never a good tactic. Negotiating a refund, or anything for that matter, is a give and take scenario and the best results come from a good attitude and fair mindedness. Perhaps your approach needs to be toned down?

I was very polite, I didn't have an attitude. I didn't " threaten", I just told her that since they don't stand behnd their clothing others should know since there was no sign. According to her there was no give and take or negotiating a refund. She made no promises that my letter would even be looked at. What would you do if you lost as much money as I did? So don't tell me to tone down my approach. I never yelled at her. I didn't appreciate your reponse. You make me out the bad guy. You didn't hear my conversation with this person. :(

I was very polite, I didn't have an attitude. I didn't " threaten", I just told her that since they don't stand behnd their clothing others should know since there was no sign. According to her there was no give and take or negotiating a refund. She made no promises that my letter would even be looked at. What would you do if you lost as much money as I did? So don't tell me to tone down my approach. I never yelled at her. I didn't appreciate your reponse. You make me out the bad guy. You didn't hear my conversation with this person. :(

I appreciate your position and response. The "threat" I referred to was when you told her you were going to warn people on CC. The tone you took in your original posted coupled with this one gives a pretty good idea of the approach you may have taken.

It's too bad you didn't get the response you wanted when you called to complain. I hope you are eventually satisfied with the outcome.

I appreciate your position and response. The "threat" I referred to was when you told her you were going to warn people on CC. The tone you took in your original posted coupled with this one gives a pretty good idea of the approach you may have taken.

It's too bad you didn't get the response you wanted when you called to complain. I hope you are eventually satisfied with the outcome.

No tone in my original post, no threats to anyone so let's just agree that I'm not a very nice person and have an attitude problem according to you and leave it at that. You are the only one flaming me and yes I consider your posts flaming. I will not respond to you anymore. In fact if I could remove this entire thread I would.

................ In fact if I could remove this entire thread I would.

That is certainly possible with some assistance. Access the little red triangle in the upper right corner and ask Moderator Walt or Jim to remove it. Good luck in your quest!

pokeynose, I really hope you get a resolution to your problem. We've purchased lots of things from the Signature shops and fortunately have not had a problem with anything. In fact, DH usually likes to buy a few golf shirts because they're a pretty decent quality. Please come back and let us know what happens, okay?

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

We purchased two nice and semi expensive sweaters with the HAL Logo last spring, and washed them cold, line dry and they have shrunk about 2 sizes. The sleeves are ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me know I am not crazy (or gaining significant weight!)

This is Connie(and Larry). Don't get on cc often, but do enjoy lurking when I do! After seeing your signature cruises, I'm assuming it must be you two? we'll still be on Volendam for Australia, MARCH 14, 2010. sure u don't want to join us again?:D

That is certainly possible with some assistance. Access the little red triangle in the upper right corner and ask Moderator Walt or Jim to remove it. Good luck in your quest!

Archived