New EPIC photos

pcreek

From her trials in France.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=301804912619

Norwegian Epic under a snow storm when she departed from Saint Nazaire, France yesterday.

17844_328812066413_43678986413_4662848_6637955_n.jpg

Norwegian Epic Captain Trygve Vorrenon on the bridge observing the trials being conducted. Looks like the weather cleared up just in time!

:D:D:D

that picture looks like a row of balconies will have zero privacy. it seems like the balconies above them can simply look down into the balconies below....see what i'm talking about? is this normal on most ships? that some balconies can be so exposed like that? now i'm getting nervous, because i think that's the cabin level i am on, and from what the deck plans look like, i would be below a row of those cabins that are recessed in, so all that someone would have to do is look down into my cabin. would they really build a ship like that? so balconies above can look down right into another balcony? that stinks. i may have to change my room assignment again, but i hate to bother them and change my room for a 2nd time......

what should i do? :confused::confused:

Your kidding right with the exception of one deck they look more private then most. Keep in mind the dividers between balconies are not installed.

Try Princess :eek:

Balconies02.JPG

wow. that super sucks.

so i ended up moving my cabin yet again. haha. this time i examined the deck plans from the deck above mine, and found the perfect spot. so now i am happy and can spend lots of time naked on the balcony. haha. but my bigger concern really was having that scenario of that last pic you posted. ugh...that would be miserable to have people hoovering over my open balcony!!!!

that picture looks like a row of balconies will have zero privacy. it seems like the balconies above them can simply look down into the balconies below....see what i'm talking about? is this normal on most ships? that some balconies can be so exposed like that? now i'm getting nervous, because i think that's the cabin level i am on, and from what the deck plans look like, i would be below a row of those cabins that are recessed in, so all that someone would have to do is look down into my cabin. would they really build a ship like that? so balconies above can look down right into another balcony? that stinks. i may have to change my room assignment again, but i hate to bother them and change my room for a 2nd time......

what should i do? :confused::confused:

The design isn't exclusive to the Epic. We had the same experience when we sailed on the Sapphire Princess. From our balcony we could look directly down on the balconies two decks below which extended out several feet beyond the edge of our deck's balconies. Not only did they lack any privacy but they could possibly suffer injury should anything drop off the railing of the balconies two decks directly above them. On Oasis the Boardwalk and Central Park balcony staterooms also lack privacy both from above and also across the way. When we book Oasis we'll most likely stick with the balconies that face the ocean.

Maybe I am blind or really dense but I sure can't tell what deck has what from those little pictures!! What deck and what cabins do you think will be have balconys exposed to the ones above? I have 9077 for my next cruise. Is that a safe one? HELP!:eek::eek:

Maybe I am blind or really dense but I sure can't tell what deck has what from those little pictures!! What deck and what cabins do you think will be have balconys exposed to the ones above? I have 9077 for my next cruise. Is that a safe one? HELP!:eek::eek:

I find this website great. You can drag your deck under and over decks to see how they line up ( hint: line up with elevators)

Just click where it says step 2......

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit1.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

Fear not, rav4lady (How are your brakes?). We are also in 9077 in our cruise a month before yours and will report back on all the in and out's, up and downs, pro's and con's etc of this particular cabin.

Watch this space.

Hmm, did you notice how they have recategorized some of the cabins for next yr? I think I got lucky!:)

I think they have merely reduced the number of sub catagories. Balconies now run from BA to BE rather than BA to BJ. The only difference I noticed was the reclassification of the angled balconies e.g. 9079 BG to B6.

No doubt this has happened as a result of the actual balconies being available for inspection rather than artists impressions.

Your kidding right with the exception of one deck they look more private then most. Keep in mind the dividers between balconies are not installed.

Try Princess :eek:

I

Balconies02.JPG

Is this photo of the Sapphire Princess ?

Is this photo of the Sapphire Princess ?

Not sure if it is or not, but the view is very similar to what we had from our balcony on that ship. Balcony privacy was certainly not a priority for those who designed them on that ship and the photo illustrates the problem quite clearly.

Not sure if it is or not, but the view is very similar to what we had from our balcony on that ship. Balcony privacy was certainly not a priority for those who designed them on that ship and the photo illustrates the problem quite clearly.

All of the Princess "duck" ships have open balconies on the lower decks.

Honestly I prefer it that way, almost like you have a little sun deck of your own.

All of the Princess "duck" ships have open balconies on the lower decks.

Honestly I prefer it that way, almost like you have a little sun deck of your own.

Except you are sharing this "little sun deck of your own" with all of the pasengers in the balconies on the decks above you. If privacy has any value to you, you won't have it if you choose one of those cabins. It is at least something that people need to take into consideration when choosing their cabin. For some it will be no big deal, but others might not be as comfortable with one of those balcony rooms. I might also fear the possibility that a glass or some other hard object might get knocked off the railing of one of those higher up balconies and leave a lasting impression.;)

Archived