HAL Airport Transfers-FLL (Luggage ?)

discjoker

I am wondering if on the HAL airport transfers from FLL to the port do you give them your luggage and then don't have to deal with it again at the port and it will show up at your cabin, or do you have to handle it again once you get to the port? Thanks.

After meeting the HAL rep in the luggage area of the airport, you take your bag(s) from the belt and move them out to the bus that will take you to the pier. The driver loads them on the bus and then unloads them at the pier, although you have to check to make sure that your stuff is at the curb before heading into the terminal. Once you know it's there the HAL luggage/security guys take over and the next time you see it will be when it's delivered to your cabin. :)

We are flying two early and are using the HAL transfers to the port. We will travel back to the airport from our hotel to do this. Has anyone any experience of doing this? We usually fly in the day of the cruise and have no problem with the transfers.

We are flying two early and are using the HAL transfers to the port. We will travel back to the airport from our hotel to do this. Has anyone any experience of doing this? We usually fly in the day of the cruise and have no problem with the transfers.

Why would you do this? :confused: Why not take a cab from the hotel to the airport. Probably would be cheaper in the long run and save you a lot of time. What hotel are you staying at that you have to travel back to the airport to get the HAL transfer? I gather you meant you are flying in 2 days before the cruise :confused:

We are flying two early and are using the HAL transfers to the port. We will travel back to the airport from our hotel to do this.

Am I reading this right? You are flying in early and going from airport to hotel, by cab, I presume. Then you are going from your hotel back to the airport to catch the HAL transfer bus to go to the port.

May I ask WHY not go direct from hotel to port by cab as gizmo says?

Why would you do this? :confused: Why not take a cab from the hotel to the airport. Probably would be cheaper in the long run and save you a lot of time. What hotel are you staying at that you have to travel back to the airport to get the HAL transfer? I gather you meant you are flying in 2 days before the cruise :confused:

OOPS ! I see I made a mistake - that will teach me to preview my post before I submit it.

I meant to say "Why not take a cab from the hotel to the PIER, NOT the airport. :p

You can also check with your hotel to see if it has an airport shuttle. Some of them will take you to the pier free because it's so close to the airport. Free is better than cab fare. By the time you take a cab to the airport, you could be at the pier. It's just the otherside of the freeway that separates the airport from the pier.

I have the same question. We are flying in early and renting a car. We then want to take the car back to the terminal, drop it off, then catch the transfer to the pier. Any problems doing this?

No problem with this. We have done this many times.

We will be at the Springhill Suites on Cypress. They have a airport shuttle,but not to the pier. The TA suggested using the transfers, I think because the hotel is near the airport and free. I don't know what the cab fare would be to the pier.

I have the same question. We are flying in early and renting a car. We then want to take the car back to the terminal, drop it off, then catch the transfer to the pier. Any problems doing this?
Many auto rental companies provide free transfer to the pier. We did this in Tampa. Rented a car for two days, returned the car to the airport location and caught the shuttle service to the cruise port. Otherwise you'd have to get back to the terminal, either walking or taking the auto rental shuttle and then pay HAL for the transfers.

We will be at the Springhill Suites on Cypress. They have a airport shuttle,but not to the pier. The TA suggested using the transfers, I think because the hotel is near the airport and free. I don't know what the cab fare would be to the pier.

That should work fine, then. Although a cab from the hotel to the pier is probably cheaper than the HAL transfer from the airport (and faster).

-dave

Thanks, I hoping it sounded right, I didn't want to make any more changes. It's vacation time anyway, we not in any great hurry, except of course to start the cruise.

We plan on enjoying every moment we can.

Archived