Shoretrips

tkjohn25

We booked a waverunner snorkel trip with them about 4 years ago. When we got to the hotel where we were told to meet we were told that the trip was cancelled due to rough water. No problem getting the refund on my credit card but the taxi was $50.

I used them to hire a private excusion with guide to both the Belize Zoo and Altun Ha. Despite our tender being late (tenders were slow because of rough water), the guide waited and managed to get us to and through both sites. He was a Belizean who had worked for years in NYC. Great guy. His Dad had worked for the wilderness service so at the zoo he knew all the calls the animals make and could actually coax them closer to us.

Without a doubt the best experience I've had with an individually booked excursion. Am using them again for Belize. Had a personal contact who could help me with any problems. Really nice people.

They do contract with local companies, so be sure to let them know all of your needs and preferences so they can match you well with the right people. If you ask, they will tell you whether they have had an issue with the particular company they will need to hook you up with or not.

re: Shore Trips.

It is funny how an operator/personnel somewhere on Colorado...and not some warm climate...be so darn helpful and direct about which excursion would fit my personality and needs.

Anyways...Booked 2 tours....and they told me a ton about each....resort/beach club hotel before hand.....and when I got their, the reception person have me a different color band than say the locals and other patrons...and it seemed that I got my of everything...? All yu need to know is ehat you are paying for and getting...and if ti includes transportation (I dislike haggling with the locals for rides) but....that was my only drawback on one excursion ....but everything else they ere spot on and I got more than I expected.

** They also tell yoy if a GROUP or special person from another event planner speciality is on the ship and has booked certain events...

It was NOT cheap. but you get what you pay for (at times).

Has anyone ever used shoretrips.com to book an excursion? What was your experience with them? Thanks, John.

Ive used them in Grand Cayman, Jamaica, St Lucia, Dominica, & Belize. All my excursion's were great. Small groups usually ahead of the cruise ship tours and less cost also. Would recommend them no problems at all. Larry

• 2 months later...

We recently booked an excursion with them in Antigua for the Segways. $136.00 total for both my husband and myself. We had to cancel our cruise all together on the day we were suppose to embark for medical reasons. Shore Trips WOULD NOT reimburse us for the tour. Their cancellation policy is 10 days and we cancelled 4 days out. I explained that it was a medical emergency and that we did not even make it on the cruise. They basically said "sorry". I will never book with them again.

I explained all this to our travel agent and she has used them in the past for her clients and has had problems. She said that the owner is a real a*s. She won't deal with them again either. Lesson learned...guess I should have talked to our travel agent before we booked with them.

Archived