If enough people ask...but ask whom?

GuitarPlayer

I'd like to see Carnival add a route from Miami to Half Moon Cay(Rather than Nassau or San Juan), Sea Day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, 2 Sea Days back to Miami.

Anyone know why they don't have such an itinerary? I'm sure it has to do with money, but by going to HMC rather than Nassau, it would seem that Carnival would make even more $$$ on drinks and rentals at HMC than they would at Nassau or San Juan.

To whom should I write? I know it probably won't do much good, but if enough people were to write in...would anyone listen?

Would anyone else do this itinerary? What is your opinion of such an itinerary?

GP

Sounds great. We went on something similar on Princess a few years ago from Fort Lauderdale. Of course it didn't go go Half Moon Cay but went to their "private island", Princess Cay, at the southern end of Eleuthera after St Thomas and St. Martin.

HMC came to CCL with the aquisition of HAL. I'm sure that HAL has priority to the island and CCL gets the leftovers. I don't know how many stops a week that either cruise line uses the island, but doubt that more than one ship at a time stops there.

I am sailing with Carnival, to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas USVI, San Juan,Grand Turk, out of Miami...come and join me...Feb 05/2011...Currently I am the only one on the roll call but it's early yet...I also had my choice of cabins and have an aft wrap...the super bowl is Feb 06/11 and I hear that Carival do have a nice super bowl party...

HMC came to CCL with the aquisition of HAL. I'm sure that HAL has priority to the island and CCL gets the leftovers. I don't know how many stops a week that either cruise line uses the island, but doubt that more than one ship at a time stops there.

HAL often does 2 ships in HMC. I would expect that the biggest issues are that 7 day cruises are mostly SAT/SUN departures for both CCL and HAL and therefore HAL ships would fill this spots.

Not sure about summer though, when HAL goes to AK and Europe.

I am sailing with Carnival, to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas USVI, San Juan,Grand Turk, out of Miami...come and join me...Feb 05/2011...Currently I am the only one on the roll call but it's early yet...I also had my choice of cabins and have an aft wrap...the super bowl is Feb 06/11 and I hear that Carival do have a nice super bowl party...

I did this itinerary on Elation a couple of years ago. One of the best cruises I've had. Wonderful ports, beach day to start and beach day to end. It doesn't get any better.

That would be great. I don't like a port on the last day. Hate getting back on the ship at 5:00 and then waking up the next morning to get off. I really prefer sea day before departure. In fact I never book one that has port on last day, before getting off.

The interesting thing is you really never see HAL and Carnival together in HMC at the same time. During the fall, winter and spring HAL uses the islsnd heavily. During the summer not at all.....

If you go to http://cruisett.com and click on HMC port area found in the Bahamas area it will show ships in port there.....

Also if you port two HAL ships there around 3200 pax that is about the same amount of pax on one of the larger Carnival ships.

I did a B2B on the Destiny. Thesecond leg of Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau on the 5 day part worked out great.....On the first leg of 4 nights it was KW and Coz. Great cruise and thinking of doing it again in fall 2011 as a group....

So...Does anyone have any insight regarding to what dept. at Carnival should I write for my "suggestion" on this itinerary? (or am I wasting my time...and they probably don't really care)

I've done the 4 port eastern on the Triumph, but it *doesn't* go to St. Maarten.

I find no itineraries that go to both HMC and St. Maarten (my two fav islands).

GP

So...Does anyone have any insight regarding to what dept. at Carnival should I write for my "suggestion" on this itinerary? (or am I wasting my time...and they probably don't really care)

I've done the 4 port eastern on the Triumph, but it *doesn't* go to St. Maarten.

GP

Good for you, I'm all for it, but I think it's a waste of time. There's a lot of kickback involved from the islands to bring ships there. If it wasn't immensely profitable, then cruise ships wouldn't go to places like Nassau and Jamaica..

GP

Why not try asking about it on John Heald's blog? Can't hurt.

I'd like to see Carnival add a route from Miami to Half Moon Cay(Rather than Nassau or San Juan), Sea Day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, 2 Sea Days back to Miami.

Anyone know why they don't have such an itinerary? I'm sure it has to do with money, but by going to HMC rather than Nassau, it would seem that Carnival would make even more $$$ on drinks and rentals at HMC than they would at Nassau or San Juan.

To whom should I write? I know it probably won't do much good, but if enough people were to write in...would anyone listen?

Would anyone else do this itinerary? What is your opinion of such an itinerary?

GP

Its just a crummy island to me.I would hate to go there instead of a real port.What is really there?

Steve

Its just a crummy island to me.I would hate to go there instead of a real port.What is really there?

Steve

For a beach day, it can't be beat.

For a shopping in the port/meet the locals day, well, it's like asking on this board whether you can smuggle liquor in your iron to press your jeans on formal night. I.E. "Can't touch this."

All depends on what you are looking for.

GP

For a beach day, it can't be beat.

For a shopping in the port/meet the locals day, well, it's like asking on this board whether you can smuggle liquor in your iron to press your jeans on formal night. I.E. "Can't touch this."

All depends on what you are looking for.

GP

I can understand that,but I live near the beach so I would not like that at all.Even with the current ports,they are all getting boring now thats why an AI is up for 2011 instead.

Steve

Do they ever have more than one Carnival ship there on a given day? I don't believe so but not sure.

I imagine they could be close to capacity in terms of only 1 ship stopping there per day.

I believe that HAL also ports there. Can't find it now but I do recall seeing a picture with a Carnival and a HAL ship docked at the same time.

I believe that HAL also ports there. Can't find it now but I do recall seeing a picture with a Carnival and a HAL ship docked at the same time.

It's very rare that 2 ships port there at the same time. On the rare occasions it's not pretty.

If by chance a HAL and CCL ship are scheduled to be there the same day the HAL board gets quite upset.

Bill

every so often he posts about cruiselines as boring and ai (all inclusives) are the end all to be all.

Can you provide a few links where I stated that?:confused:

Free cruises are the end all to be all.:D

I can't wait for new shows or something.LOL

AIs are still giving the store away pricewise as long as you choose one served by a major airline in the Carribbean.

Steve

GP

Don't have any insight for passing along your suggestion, or even know if it would help, but...this would be a perfect itinerary to me! Hope you do find out who to discuss with and that they listen!

Archived