Vce-cdg-atl-tri

sltb47

This is a possible schedule for our flights VCE(9:50am) - CDG(11:40am), leaving CDG at 1:30pm for ATL(5:20pm) leaving at 8:20pm for TRI. Is this enough time at CDG or should we choose one that leaves CDG at 4:10pm and arrives in ATL at 8:15pm? If we choose the 4:10 flight out of CDG it is the last one and if we arrive in ATL at 8:15 there is only one more flight out of ATL for TRI. Any help would be appreciated.

We are flying out of VCE in June and I have seen many people advise against trying to get the the airport too early. When you can get off the boat is the issue many seem to be concerned with. We decided to spend an extra day in Venice to avoid the stress of a missed flight. I booked a 10:40am non-stop to ATL arriving at 3:40pm. I was afraid even that flight would be too early sraight from the boat.

OP,

Is the VCE-ATL direct flight not available? It sure would be less stressful to do that route and if you overnight onboard in Venice (or stay an extra day or two) you would not have any issues making the flight. I presume you are using Delta or it's partners.

We've been through C and I in Atlanta a few times and like you, are giving ourselves the same three hours in Atlanta before our connecting flight for our next European trip.

We have always managed to avoid CDG. Orly was bad enough. From numerous posts here you should not have a problem with your CDG transit either.

Good luck.

I like it. Assuming you can leave the ship relatively early to get to VCE, you have enough time for a comfortable connection at both CDG and ATL. I'd have no qualms booking it myself, but you should research the layout and connections at CDG (T2F1 to T2E) so you know what to expect.

I like it. Assuming you can leave the ship relatively early to get to VCE, you have enough time for a comfortable connection at both CDG and ATL. I'd have no qualms booking it myself, but you should research the layout and connections at CDG (T2F1 to T2E) so you know what to expect.

Thanks FlyerTalker. The ship arrives the day before and stays overnight, so we should have no problem getting to VCE. I have printed the layout and have the directions for getting from T2F1 to T2E. Does ATL provide such great directions for transfers for their arrivals and departures as CDG does? Wish there was still a direct flight from VCE to ATL, but Delta is no longer showing one. Sure feel more comfortable now about these connections.

Again thanks for your help.

Does ATL provide such great directions for transfers for their arrivals and departures as CDG does?

No, but the layout at ATL is far more straightforward. AF can do this for CDG because they structure their operations with all flights from a city arriving in a particular building. So, all the VCE flights come into T2F1. All the flights to Dubai leave from T2E. You get the picture. ATL, OTOH, doesn't do that. Flights use the gates somewhat as they can be scheduled. They don't reserve them for specific cities (other than some business routes that they tend to run out of "T" gates for convenience for high-yield flyers).

At ATL, all the concourses are parallel linear structures with the train running perpendicularly down the middle. Easy to navigate, though large.

Archived