Thanksgiving Cruise

jam3

My hubby and I just took a Thanksgiving cruise on the Splendor. Really the only "Thanksgiving thing" was the turkey dinner. It was pretty good, however they did not have pumpkin pie, well tlhere was the sugar free one that didn't look very appetizing.

There a "ton of children" on that cruise. Many of whom had parents that were not into supervising them. Our cabin was right off of the elevators and there was alot of running up and down the halls and punching every button in kthe elevator.

Did a Thanksgiving cruise a few yeas ago on the Conquest. Being from the South, we are used to very large Thanksgiving dinners. It was not the same experience, although I wouldn't have expected that. We are actually planning another Thanksgiving cruise this year on the Freedom, primarily as Mexico Bob put it, "The price is usually good for a cruise during this time". Bottom line, don't expect anthing grand for Thanksgiving, but is is not bad either.

I did a thanksgiving cruise in 2008 on the Ectasy. The turkey dinner wasn't traditional at all and left a lot to be desired - but that didn't keep me down! We still had a blast on that cruise - and you couldn't beat the price. I was surprised that there weren't more kids on board, though. It wasn't bad at all.

Thanks for the info. I figured there would be more kids but that's a good thing for us since we will be taking our daughter. Mine will be highly supervised ;)

I'm from the south too and I'm sure the turkey dinner won't be like my Mom's but I was just wondering if they even acknowledged that it was Thanksgiving at all?

Thanks again for the info. Hopefully we can plan this thing and be on the Elation on November 25th!

our family cruise Thanksgiving 2009 on the Legend. They had Turkey dinner as one choices on Thanksgiving and had a pumpkin dessert. This was not traditional thanksgiving food, but more gourmet.

They announced Happy Thanksgiving during the announcements and when we exited the ship in port(Belize) they had Carnival photographers set up as Pilgrims and a local boy in a turkey costume (who by the way looked less than thrilled, wonder why?)

Lots of kids with the kids programs in full operation. There were many extended family groups traveling.

We did the Thanksgiving cruise on Ecstasy in 2009. Had a mandatory shutdown at work so we took DD out of school for a couple of days and drove to Galveston.

Ship was decorated for Christmas. No major turkey things going on except for dinner. I did not have the turkey.

Lots of kids on the ship but things did not get out of hand. DD was in Club O2 and met a good group of kids. She said it was her best cruise ever. We would run into them in the inside dining area on the Lido deck most evenings around 12.

Weather was a little cool closer to Galveston. Nice enough down around Progresso and Cozumel. We may make this an annual affair. Being Canadian, Thanksgiving is not a big family get together for us.

I concur fully with the last two posts...we did Thanksgiving on the Glory in 2009...was a great cruise...lots of extended families...no problems with kids' behavior...some recognition of Thanksgiving but not over-the-top...great weather in Eastern Caribbean...some decorations for Christmas already...would definitely do it again and may this Thanksgiving

Archived