"Guaranteed Cabin" Anyone ever get upgrade?

RJake1

Thinking of booking a "guaranteed cabin" for a Med cruise this summer. I understand thats interior rate, and we are at least guaranteed that somewhere on the ship, but I'm gambling for an upgrade. Party of 3.

Anybody have any experience with this approach that they could share? Thanks.

We were on Celebrity Mercury last month (Jan. 2-11) and originally had 2 inside cabins booked for decks 3 and 4. We switched to guarantee rate and were assigned cabins on decks 5 and 8.

We also cruised on RCL Explorer (Jan 2008) and booked a guarantee inside cabin and were assigned to deck 6 forward. we liked the cabin area so much we booked virtually the same cabin for our Jan 2009 cruise.

We are not picky about cabins -- my standard line is that if I don't have to row, I'm happy. If you don't like the cabin don't spend too much time there!

Good luck.

I've seen it work many times but the important thing to remember, don't do it unless you feel comfortable with the cat you are booking as there are no guarantees and normally it will just be to a higher deck. Just don't get upset if that is what happens. One time I booked an outside for daughter and I and a couple of guaranteed inside for clients. They ended up with a better cabin than we had: such is life. Also booked standard outside cabin gty for clients and they got a mini suite. We have never really been upgraded except a higher deck. It is, as you say, a gamble..Are you a gambler?

Nita

It is indeed a gamble. There is a chance you end up in the smallest or noisiest inside cabin. Or you may end up in a nicer inside cabin. There is a small chance of an upgrade to an oceanview or better cabin. Look at the deck plans, see what the very worst cabin would be for you, and then ask yourself if you'd still be fine. If so, book the gty and be pleased if you don't get the worst.

Archived