Ear plugs

cruisinlawn

Mom (mid 70's) is looking for good ear plugs. Needs them at night because of Dad's snoring. They sleep at opposite ends of the house at home, imagine that. We have tried the soft foam disposable but she doesn't care for those in her ear. Looking for something that will reduce the snoring sounds and also comfortable. 5 or 6 yrs ago dw purchased a pair while onboard Princess or Carnival ship but we haven't seen them since. No luck finding them online either. Any suggestions?

Why don't you think of purchasing a "white noise machine". I NEVER leave home without ours. They are absolutely wonderful and we do use it while at home. It is well worth the investment and small enough to put in your luggage. I always put in my carryon as I would hate to not have it if the luggage gets lost or delayed. I got our online through magellans. Great way to solve your problem and for anyone who worries about nose on trips.

Mom (mid 70's) is looking for good ear plugs. Needs them at night because of Dad's snoring. They sleep at opposite ends of the house at home, imagine that. We have tried the soft foam disposable but she doesn't care for those in her ear. Looking for something that will reduce the snoring sounds and also comfortable. 5 or 6 yrs ago dw purchased a pair while onboard Princess or Carnival ship but we haven't seen them since. No luck finding them online either. Any suggestions?

She might also want to invest in a white-noise machine to put between their beds (assuming they'll be in twins). But with a professional, house-rattling snorer in a small room, even earplugs and a white noise machine will need to be augmented by a pillow over the head.:o

The ones I use work very well. They are a little round glycerin type which you roll into a ball between your palms and then shape them to fit in your ears. I use them whenever we travel and I buy them at Kroger in the pharmacy aises. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen them in WalMart too.

Mom (mid 70's) is looking for good ear plugs. Needs them at night because of Dad's snoring.

Mack's Pillow Soft Earplugs--noise reduction rating is 22dB. They're nontoxic silicone putty. You form them OVER your ear canal and they last for 5-7 uses. You can use them in airplanes if the noise gets to you and also when swimming. They come in a three-pack or a six-pack and they work!!!! I buy mine at either Wallgreen's or WalMart.

Those foam earplugs you insert in your ears aren't nearly as effective.

Lani

The ones I use work very well. They are a little round glycerin type which you roll into a ball between your palms and then shape them to fit in your ears. I use them whenever we travel and I buy them at Kroger in the pharmacy aises. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen them in WalMart too.

I also used these for the 'worlds loudest snorer' before he finally got his C-Pap machine. They saved my life on all of those dozens of cruises we sailed on. They also make one that is foam, but also has a type of wax mixed with the foam, which forms to the inner ear and stays put, both are available at Walmart stores. Even though DH no longer snores, I still wouldn't travel without these, you never know when you might find your stateroom in a noisey area you hadn't counted on. ;)

Try a sports store or anywhere they guns and ammunition.

Google "shooters ear plugs".

I find that the ones with ridges work the best.

"Shooter ear plugs"??? wow... we just want the poor guy to stop snoring!! let's not do anything drastic!! :D:D

I sympathize. Last cruise I threatened to sleep in the bathtub with the door closed. DH had a slight cold which made his routine snoring even worse.

I plan to try some of the shooter's ear plugs. Either that or smother my husband with a pillow.

I really feel for you ladies who have to put up with this. I put up with it for 26 years and can't believe how well I sleep now that someone else is putting up with his misery.

I didn't use ear plugs because I needed to hear the kids during the night, but I sure wish I could have.

I hope you find something that works for you. I get by with the easy cheap WMart kind when I go on weekends trips and cruises with girlfriends. Nobody rattles the walls, so they are all I need.

Best hopes and wishes for you all.

I have the same problem with a snoring hubby. I'v never found a good pair of ear plugs that don't hurt my ears. By morning, my ear canals are feeling very painful and inflammed.

I have found a solution to this problem. I use a white noise machine along with headphones. I can adjust the volume on the machine to drown out the snoring completely. I got my machine at Brookstone and the headphones are Philips. They are the style that goes around the back of your neck. No more painful earplugs for me. :)

Archived