What's your favourite p and o ship

jamiedog11

Been done to death but...we like all of them for different reasons, & dislike then for others. For instance love Arcadia for the hydropool, aft cabins, crows nest, sliding pool roof....but Oceana has two show venues & Café Jardin, Artemis is great but old fashioned cabins I wouldn't want to spend long in.....

have been on oriana twice, oceana 3 times, and just back from ventura.

enjoyed oriana, faultless, but wanted a change.

absolutely love oceana, cannot fault anything about it, and we always

chose the same cabin with balcony to the rear, that way we had the sunshine most of the day, we were able to get 6 loungers on there, and still room for table and chairs to eat from. my son and daughter and partners has inside rooms few doors away, and were able to share our balcony, so no having to fight for sunbeds on deck. The service and staff were just fantastic, couldn't do enough, and always stepped to one side and greeted us, as we walked past.....really lovely

have just got back from ventura, lovely ship, and had a suite again so we could spend time with our family, this time 8 of us, again the others having inside cabins few doors away. their cabins were nicer than oceana, but our suite, didn't compare, and the balcony although large, was a really odd shape. But the service on board was at times horrendous. one time my husband waited 20 mins to get a drink in exchange bar, whilst staff were choosing songs on the cd player.

service very slow in other bars, and staff really never smiled and not wanting to interact with passengers.

on the last day my son asked 1bar staff for box of matches, when he came back with them, my son said thankyou, and as he held out his hand, the guy just threw them across the table. unbeleivably bad, and seeing was belieiving, i looked out for him to read his name badge, but then our group were called to disembark for our flight home.

so....getting back to your question, i would possible say ventura, is a great ship, but i know none of our party would ever go back on her, purely because of the rude staff and total lack of service, and as for stepping aside, we were expected to get out of their way.

OCEANA everytime !!!!!!!

have been on oriana twice, oceana 3 times, and just back from ventura.

enjoyed oriana, faultless, but wanted a change.

absolutely love oceana, cannot fault anything about it, and we always

chose the same cabin with balcony to the rear, that way we had the sunshine most of the day, we were able to get 6 loungers on there, and still room for table and chairs to eat from. my son and daughter and partners has inside rooms few doors away, and were able to share our balcony, so no having to fight for sunbeds on deck. The service and staff were just fantastic, couldn't do enough, and always stepped to one side and greeted us, as we walked past.....really lovely

have just got back from ventura, lovely ship, and had a suite again so we could spend time with our family, this time 8 of us, again the others having inside cabins few doors away. their cabins were nicer than oceana, but our suite, didn't compare, and the balcony although large, was a really odd shape. But the service on board was at times horrendous. one time my husband waited 20 mins to get a drink in exchange bar, whilst staff were choosing songs on the cd player.

service very slow in other bars, and staff really never smiled and not wanting to interact with passengers.

on the last day my son asked 1bar staff for box of matches, when he came back with them, my son said thankyou, and as he held out his hand, the guy just threw them across the table. unbeleivably bad, and seeing was belieiving, i looked out for him to read his name badge, but then our group were called to disembark for our flight home.

so....getting back to your question, i would possible say ventura, is a great ship, but i know none of our party would ever go back on her, purely because of the rude staff and total lack of service, and as for stepping aside, we were expected to get out of their way.

OCEANA everytime !!!!!!!

I am surprised re the Staff on Ventura. We have been on both Oceana & Ventura, and for us we preferred Oceana, but only by a whisker. As for the staff on Ventura, we had great service and found them extremely friendly on our Med cruise in Oct 2008, that why I am somewhat surprised by your comments re the service. On the other hand I suppose they do have a change round of staff every so often, still surprised though.

All of them.

With regard to the staff, they do move round.

We must be lucky the good staff are always on the ships we are on!!!!!!!!!:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

All of them.

With regard to the staff, they do move round.

We must be lucky the good staff are always on the ships we are on!!!!!!!!!:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Dai

The reason I said that was because our two waiters in the dining room on Ventura, had in fact come from Oceana.

But as you say, we have had great service on both our cruises.

yes, it was a shame, we were really taken back at the lack of service on ventura, as on our other 5 p&o cruises, it was totally faultless.

when we were in ramblas on ventura, they were excellent staff, one of the exceptions, and after chatting to them, turns out they had come from the oceana.

there were quite alot of compalints re service whilst we were on board, and quite a few on the forums as well, could it be they are recruiting too many new staff at once to accomodate their new ships and somebody suggested they thought from a new location?? who knows !! just hope they get their act together soon, as we are very pro P&O, and hope our next experience is as we have always had.

So much depends on the whole cruise experience.....e.g. we were on Aurora for a 17 night cruise once, and there was nothing to do.....the cruise director said that nothing was planned for the 3 sea days home as only the elderly take the 17days, and- I quote-"They can't be bothered". So, our memory of Aurora is one of a beautiful library full of sleeping people, and the Crow's nest- I cannot remember another thing about her except those endless 3 days with only bridge classes and table tennis on offer. I could take you on a guided tour of every other cruise ship we've been on.

Certainly, I could guide you round Ventura, which is currently our favourite ship of all lines we've been on- granted, that was only in Oct., round the Med........but I'm sure that it was because we had so much to do.

So it's probably subjective, according to your experience.

jocap.

Must agree, we have found little to do that interested us during the day on ships, ''make a paper aeroplane out of a bus ticket'' sort of thing.

Quite. Nothing to do, and not enough time to do it in.

Must be why I keep sailing on trips without any of those pesky port days nipping in and spoiling things.

Archived