Serenade balcony suggestions

Hello-

My husband and I are finally going to pull the trigger on a balcony room. After years of staying in lower rate rooms to accommodate ourselves and our children w/o breaking the bank, we are back to cruising alone and want to experience a balcony room. I'm concerned about things like obstructed views or views of life rafts. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at E1...I think but nothing is written in stone :)

Our favorite is a D1....#9576 located just barely forward of the hump. Actually, I guess you could say it is the very front of the hump. Has a larger than standard balcony shaped like a big, fat pie wedge!!!

We also enjoyed E2....#8594 located right in the center of the hump. Great views fore and aft. One drawback was the smallish loveseat as we prefer the full-size sofa.

Both of these cabins are very conveniently located and we experienced no noise in either.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy your cruise!

We had 2 Serenade Balcony cabins several years back (7166 and whatever's next to it - adjoining). Those cabins have lifeboats below them, so you can't look straight down, but who wants to look down anyways? Our straight froward and looking to the side views were unobstructed.

How old are your kids? Our were 15 & 16 at the time and actually dragged their mattresses out and slept on the balcony most nights.

If possible, I would suggest an aft balcony, as they are amazing! Yes the walk is long, but the view makes up for it. I'd also stay away from the 10th floor rooms under the windjammer. We were just on Serenade in 1088 and listened to carts rolling all over the floor above us late into the night - wouldn't do that again for any amount of discount on a room!

I LOVE the very forward E1 balcony cabins on deck 7. They are not entirely private (last 2 feet are just glass dividers up to chest height), but they stick out 2 feet further than other balconies. This allows for GREAT airflow, and prevents them from getting too hot, which I have experienced on other balconies.

I have only ever been in a balcony, and we keep upgrading each cruise. We were in an E3 on our honeymoon, the forward E1 on deck 7 for our last cruise, and our B2B will be in a hump cabin on deck 8. Maybe next time I can convince DH to go Aft or JS!

Hello-

My husband and I are finally going to pull the trigger on a balcony room. After years of staying in lower rate rooms to accommodate ourselves and our children w/o breaking the bank, we are back to cruising alone and want to experience a balcony room. I'm concerned about things like obstructed views or views of life rafts. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at E1...I think but nothing is written in stone :)

Our favorite is a D1....#9576 located just barely forward of the hump. Actually, I guess you could say it is the very front of the hump. Has a larger than standard balcony shaped like a big, fat pie wedge!!!

We also enjoyed E2....#8594 located right in the center of the hump. Great views fore and aft. One drawback was the smallish loveseat as we prefer the full-size sofa.

Both of these cabins are very conveniently located and we experienced no noise in either.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy your cruise!

I'll second "9576". You might want to consider the route before choosing a totally aft (facing backwards off the ship overlooking the wake). If it is the sourthern route where you are in port every day and move slowly even when moving, there is not much wind back there and it tends to make those balconies very warmish. Deck 9 or 8 as close to the hump as possible is always a good bet. If there is not much price difference, I would recommend a D1 or D2 over the E category.

We just got back from an Radiance cruise and had a deck 7 forward E1 and the balcony is 4 feet longer or double the size of the other deck E cabins. Also like others have mentioned the forward deck 7 E1s (photo 1)don't have the 8 foot lifeboat cover the central deck 7 E3s have ( photo 2) nor the 3 foot cover over the Colony Club the rear deck 7 E1 have. (photo 3)

DSC02450a.jpg

RadBalE3a.jpg

RadE1Rear.jpg

Hello-

Our favorite are the aft cabins and since it is just you and your husband this time, a lot of the aft cabins are now D2 rather than D1 since they only accommodate 2 people. Just something to think about....huge balconies!

Archived