Portofino or Chops

We've been on the Liberty of the Seas last year and tried Portofino. The food and atmosphere were very good. We are going back next April and was wondering if we should try Chops this time. Is it as good as Portofino ? My husband loves beef and he was disapointed with meat in the regular dining room. Anyone ???

We've been on the Liberty of the Seas last year and tried Portofino. The food and atmosphere were very good. We are going back next April and was wondering if we should try Chops this time. Is it as good as Portofino ? My husband loves beef and he was disapointed with meat in the regular dining room. Anyone ???

We've been in Portofino on the Indy & Liberty and each time it has been excellent.

We went to Chops on the Oasis and were equally impressed.

I don't know what it is but I prefer Portofino's - that was probably the only dissapointment on the Oasis - no Portofino's!!

Either way, the steaks in both are excellent - but for me the Pasta starters and ambiance are what gives Portofino's the edge - although my wife said the Mud Pie in Chops was the best dessert she has ever had - & she is a bit of an expert on chocolate!!:)

If you do a search there have been some recent threads on this, but I would say Portofino. Did you try the steak in Portofino? BF had a filet in there and it was fantastic--so much better than the MDR. I like Portofino because you can get a good steak, as well as options like seafood skewer and Italian options.

We're fresh off the Radiance and would do Portofino again but probably not Chops. The side dishes and dessert were great in Chops, but Portofino was more well rounded, less busy, and in our experience was a little better.

Of course, it could be personal preferences.

The truffle/marscapone pasta dish in Portofino is not to be missed -- just get a side of it. :)

I think that it is extremely important, in the same of statistical, scientific research, that you eat in both, and report to Cruise Critic when you return.

:D

I think that it is extremely important, in the same of statistical, scientific research, that you eat in both, and report to Cruise Critic when you return.

:D

Fantastic response!

Ate at Porto Fino on the Mariner and loved it. Your response just led me to decide that this time we´ll also try Chops. Don´t know how "statistical and scientific" our report will be but a juxtaposition it will be!

Getting my taste buds ready....

Karen

On my two recent back-to-back cruises on the Navigator, Chops had horrible, horrible service; Portofino was outstanding.

We're fresh off the Radiance and would do Portofino again but probably not Chops. The side dishes and dessert were great in Chops, but Portofino was more well rounded, less busy, and in our experience was a little better.

Of course, it could be personal preferences.

The truffle/marscapone pasta dish in Portofino is not to be missed -- just get a side of it. :)

I will definitely try the truffle/marscapone pasta dish next month -- thanks for the suggestion!:)

Kathy

Just got off the Liberty yesterday.

Chops was as good of a meal as I have had. I, too, love good steaks.

The 10oz filet was as good of a filet as I have ever had. The desserts were incredible.

Service was impeccable.

Archived