Carnival Just Got To Me

zerooveride

I dont see how this can help the OP who said they only booked a month and a half before their cruise .. so its not early saver fare, whatever it was.

Originally Posted by zerooveride viewpost.gif

I did ask for a Supervisor and they are still running Early Save for this cruise last time i looked.

The OP stated that they were still running the ES for their cruise. Taking that the OP is correct in that they are still running the ES and since we don't know exactly what the OP was told I posted the "black and white" rules on the ES and price guarantee and to see if the OP would qualify. If they are in fact running ES as the OP stated it would be in direct conflict with Carnival's rules.

Of course it is illegal to record a call without letting the person on the other end know they are being recorded, So maybe that would not be the wise course either?:rolleyes:

Not necessarly so...

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

The other states only require one party consent. However it is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.

Not necessarly so...

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

The other states only require one party consent. However it is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.

Carnival's HQ is in Florida, therefore, it is illegal to record someone without their knowledge. I thought that was law here in Florida but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Also, you made this comment: "The OP stated that they were still running the ES for their cruise. Taking that the OP is correct in that they are still running the ES and since we don't know exactly what the OP was told I posted the "black and white" rules on the ES and price guarantee and to see if the OP would qualify. If they are in fact running ES as the OP stated it would be in direct conflict with Carnival's rules."

The OP is incorrect, because he stated that they were still giving early saver rates the day before yesterday. I think the OP is confused on what actually was said. Not saying the Carnival rep didn't make this commet, but I would believe it is highly unlikely.

This is one of those threads that makes alot of people believe that theres to much Carnival cheerleading going on. The PVP could have made a mistake. Just 2 months ago I was quoted a price by a pvp. Checked with Significant other she said ok. Called back and was told OOPS. sorry I quoted you a miltary rate. I didnt rant and rave and demand that price. I said Oh. Ok and went on with life.

My point to my rambling is however these PVP's are human and can make a mistake.

I'm not sure this applies but: We booked a cruise fairly late and got past guest rate. At the time they were not giving military rate for that particular cruise. When they decided to allow military rate on the cruise we were able to get OBC because we qualified for a discount that was not offered and it was a better discount than past guest. It is my understanding from our PVP that after they started the Early saver rate, they decreased the amount that you get for military (which was at one time one of the best discounts). Now past guest and military are about the same but it does vary from route to route. Popular cruises at peak times where they have no trouble filling cabin get virtually no discounts. Hard to fill routes during hurricane season usually get deep discounts especially if there are alot of hurricanes prior to sailing and people get cold feet. We love hurricane cruises, we once ended up with 3 out of 4 ports canceled and spent plenty of time using OBC from canceled ports to party on our cruise to nowhere;)

I agree. Carnival did the same thing to me, i booked in january for march. Seen the prices dropped over 100 dollars and called them and they said they couldnt do anything. Cause of the time i booked my cruise. They were not even willing to talk about it or anything. Then i booked 4 rooms, there is 8 of us going. Were on 3 different floors!!! I love carnival tooooo! not. No more carnival. I keep hearing people saying no carnival.

Ohh well. Im still gonna enjoy my vacation. Ill know for next time, no carnival.

I agree. Carnival did the same thing to me, i booked in january for march. Seen the prices dropped over 100 dollars and called them and they said they couldnt do anything. Cause of the time i booked my cruise. They were not even willing to talk about it or anything. Then i booked 4 rooms, there is 8 of us going. Were on 3 different floors!!! I love carnival tooooo! not. No more carnival. I keep hearing people saying no carnival.

Ohh well. Im still gonna enjoy my vacation. Ill know for next time, no carnival.

I don't think I understand. You booked a room and now the cost went down and you want a refund? Carnival has sales and special rates (Early Saver, Past Guest, State of Residency, etc.). If you didn't purchase a fare that allows a guest to take advantage of price reductions, you are stuck with the fare you paid. Sad, but true. If they had to refund money to someone every time their fare went down, we would have to pay higher prices to hire the people to do all of the paperwork. :)

What kind of fare did you book that you weren't able to select your specific stateroom but you already know what rooms you will have? I think Fun Saver fares guarantee you a certain type of room, but Carnival assigns the stateroom. Maybe one of the more experienced can speak to this.

I am not being a cheerleader, but I truely do not undestand. You agreed on a price and were happy. Now the price went down but it is after final payment and you are upset that you cannot get anything. Would you pay more if the price went up? I think not. What is wrong with stayin happy with what you got in the first place? If you want to be able to get the price drops after final payment you need to book the early saver rate at least 5 months in advance of your cruise, period. If you book two months out and the price drops, so what. You should still be pleased with the price you paid. Actually, and this is not meant to be mean, if everyone that says they are not doing Carnival because of this and not being able to smuggle booze maybe the prices will go down more so us with the early saver rate can get more OBC.:D Sounds like a win win to me.

OP - IF you think that you can pull the tape, then go for it. Most companies only keep so much, so chances are nobody has it anymore and not only that, you might need an act of God to get it.

Also, I don't know about your company, but if I had to ask my employer to pull a phone conversation, made on company time (possibly) because of a $60 dispute, they'd probably think that your were either joking or that you needed more work.

Stop the silliness and enjoy your cruise.

I am not being a cheerleader, but I truely do not undestand. You agreed on a price and were happy. .

I always hear this. Makes zero sense to me. My prices out of Galveston have steadily gone up on Ecstasy, how could that make me happy, paying more each time I go?? I paid what I had to pay to book, doesnt mean Im happy with the price.

This statement to me is a as silly as folks who say no matter what goes wrong on your cruise, its better than being at work. (I had one cruise where I sure wasnt thinking I wouldnt rather be at home or at work).

Dont always assume people are happy to pay what they agree to pay.

Not necessarly so...

This restriction is specifically aimed at the GOVERNMENT.

I always hear this. Makes zero sense to me. My prices out of Galveston have steadily gone up on Ecstasy, how could that make me happy, paying more each time I go?? I paid what I had to pay to book, doesnt mean Im happy with the price.

Same in Port Canaveral now that the Dream and Freedom of the Seas are there. When the Glory and Mariner of the Seas were here, there were some really good prices out of Port Canaveral. I guess those days are gone now. Miami seems to have the best prices out of all the Florida ports these days.

This statement to me is a as silly as folks who say no matter what goes wrong on your cruise, its better than being at work. (I had one cruise where I sure wasnt thinking I wouldnt rather be at home or at work).

If you book it, you must feel if is a fair price or you wouldn't go. I love my cruises but I wouldn't pay more than I thought they were worth. You can't book a cruise and hope that the price goes down. You cannot expect Carnival to refund everyone's money. Carnival has the right to have sales to get rid of extra cabins.

If you book it, you must feel if is a fair price or you wouldn't go. I love my cruises but I wouldn't pay more than I thought they were worth. You can't book a cruise and hope that the price goes down. You cannot expect Carnival to refund everyone's money. Carnival has the right to have sales to get rid of extra cabins.

I know folks want to think they can read minds and know what each is thinking.

For me, if I want to do something, Im going to pay whatever is the best deal I can make. I can afford to do what I want in life.

Once I book a cruise at a price that I am happy with, I rarely check the Website for price changes. Prices go up and down depending upon a number of factors. I have never booked ES - usually Fun Select - with the new categories.

Because of this thread, I went and looked at the prices for our Dream Cruise. Prices have dropped $20pp for our cabin category. There are 4 of us in 2 cabins. I know we are not eligible for any OBC because of how we booked - but for $80 - I don't really care.

Some cruises we book way in advance; others at the last minute. The price is what it is. I refuse to drive myself nuts by looking at what might have been.

Once I book a cruise at a price that I am happy with, I rarely check the Website for price changes. Prices go up and down depending upon a number of factors. I have never booked ES - usually Fun Select - with the new categories.

Because of this thread, I went and looked at the prices for our Dream Cruise. Prices have dropped $20pp for our cabin category. There are 4 of us in 2 cabins. I know we are not eligible for any OBC because of how we booked - but for $80 - I don't really care.

Some cruises we book way in advance; others at the last minute. The price is what it is. I refuse to drive myself nuts by looking at what might have been.

I think you might be able to get the $80 deducted from you bill because final payment isn't due yet. Give Carnival a call, the worst they can say is no.:)

Well I have decided to just go on the Cruise and say screw it. I don't know if I'll ever book CCL again or not. I do know the other excursions I was going to book through them I won't, I'll book them direct. I also will bring my own Alcohol and won't be spending as much on board now. Its just a shame how they treat there customer's and not make a situation right. But ohh well.

Well I have decided to just go on the Cruise and say screw it. I don't know if I'll ever book CCL again or not. I do know the other excursions I was going to book through them I won't, I'll book them direct. I also will bring my own Alcohol and won't be spending as much on board now. Its just a shame how they treat there customer's and not make a situation right. But ohh well.

What happened to pulling the Phone record??? If only for academic interest, based on the comments/advice you've read in the thread, you might decide that there WAS a legitimate misunderstanding, making the situation a little more acceptable?? ken

Archived