3yo MDR NCL Jewel

Jasonmom

Does NCL have a policy on kids dress in MDR? I asked on my board and replies were that they thought it was OK for 3yo to wear shorts to MDR for dinner. But I tried to find out if there is a policy on this issue but can't find it. My kid hates to change clothes.:rolleyes:

Does NCL have a policy on kids dress in MDR? I asked on my board and replies were that they thought it was OK for 3yo to wear shorts to MDR for dinner. But I tried to find out if there is a policy on this issue but can't find it. My kid hates to change clothes.:rolleyes:

There is no policy. 3 year olds can pretty much wear what they want on NCL. For that matter, ADULTS can pretty much wear what they want on NCL. (No, this is not NCL bashing. We've cruised on NCL and are likely to do so again. Just a statement of fact. The dress code is quite lenient, and rarely enforced.)

Called NCL. Amazing when you ask a "yes or no" question what an answer you get. Finally stated that there is no difference in dress for kids and adults thus he will need dress pants for dinner in MDR.

What do they consider "dress pants"?? Adults wear jeans, and on some Caribbean cruises, they're wearing shorts! My husband dressed in chinos and khaki's...I'd hardly call those "dress"....

3 year olds should dress as children...shorts are more than fine, for the toddler crowd.

Putting "dress pants" or a tux or gown on a small child is total nonsense....they are babies, and should be dressed accordingly.

As long as the clothes are relativelty clean, they're good to go.

I just wanted to let you know what we wound up doing with our son for dinner on many nights aboard the Dawn. He had a room service dinner while we were in the cabin. We could get dressed and have some down time from ports or kids club.

After he ate, we brought him to the kids club and the adults had a separate, quiet dinner.

Even though the service is pretty efficient, it is still long for a child to sit.

He LOVES room service, thinks it is like magic.

THey told me that he should wear long pants (misspoke when said dresspants). I do hope to most nights feed him in kids buffet and then me and mom can go enjoy relaxing diner. If I see other little guys wearing shorts.....my guy will be joining right in with them. I usually like to follow rules even if others don't follow, but this time....... I may go ahead and follow the pack. Thanks for everyones thoughts.

Archived