Maasdam C390 - HC need quick comment

kelleherdl

Can someone please comment back on statetroom C390 on the Maasdam. Maasdam had very few HC staterooms and I would like some further info. What is the room configuration. It look pretty good size on deck plans. How is the bathroom configured? Is the window a full view onto promenade? How distracting is location of lower promenade? They may be put off by the window traffic. But then again they may like the assess.

Will the drydock in April 2011 add any additional HC staterooms? Currently it looks like there are no balcony staterooms at all that are HC. Want to act fast if I need to. May take father and mother in-law and their mobility is very impaired.

thanks

Dennis

Thanks

We've not booked Maasdam for precisely that reason - limited number of HC cabins and none with balconies.

If you call HAL and ask to speak to the Access & Compliance people, they can e-mail you pix of the cabin you are considering. They typically have pix of the bathroom, too.

Thanks so much Oceanwench

You have really nailed it. I mentioned to my in-laws that I had booked a New England cruise for my 60th and my father-in-law said he wanted to go on a cruise again also. To be honest I want the Maasdam for the ship and itinerary. But to accomadate them will be hard, both from the bathroom and scooter issues.

Thanks for the suggestion I will email HAL and get the configuration. Just in case I did book the cabin, as there are so few.

Dennis

I had the same cabin but on the Volendam (different number same loctaion). I would not book C390 it is directly under the kitchen and the noise began at around 5:30 AM and continued until 12:00 AM at night. This is a larger cabin, but has poor furniture arrangement. The sofa is in a dark corner of the room behind the bathroom door, making it almost unusable. The bathroom is large with only a shower (this was also a problem). The large shower has no sill only an "L" shaped drain about 4" wide in the floor surrounding the shower on two sides. Most of the time that was fine, but one day the drain became clogged and I did not realize it until I left the shower and discovered water all over the floor and out into the cabin! The crew repaired the drain quickly and cleaned the carpet in one day, but it was a pain.

The lower promenade is a great location, but not this cabin. If you don't need an HC you should not book one. I had booked a guarantee and this is where they put me. From now on I'm picking my cabin, no guarantees for me!

Archived