Heads up about Delta / Northwest Merger

sharktums

I've seen a lot of posts lately about flights being changed, airports being changed, flight numbers, times, everything changing, etc.. My whole family is Platinum Medalion on Delta and we've been watching a lot of these changes take place.

All I can say is that if you are booked on ANY Delta flight to check it routinely especially now through the beginning of March as they are doing all of the final changes to switch to solely one airline.

I've seen two different redeyes combined into one, I've had a 50 minute layover in ATL go to a 38 minute layover, total change of flight numbers, and added a stop into a nonstop itinerary, etc.

We've always had really good experiences calling them and having them fix our flights for the best (now granted a lot of that could be due to our status), but just remain calm when you see a change and call up polietly to see what can be done.

Even as Platinum Medalions, we have NOT always been contacted about these changes, and Delta cannot tell us why. It really does come down to personal responsibility so please check your flights today, and check them often right up until departure!

<<stepping off the soap box now>>

It really does come down to personal responsibility so please check your flights today, and check them often right up until departure!

<<stepping off the soap box now>>

Not a soap box, but very much the truth. I am continually amazed at the number of people who just expect things to be done for them. Yes, there are severe birthing pains for DL now. But even if that wasn't the case, it's YOUR trip....it's YOUR responsibility to know what's happening with it.

<<returning the box>>

There was a piece in the news about the airlines during the bad "snowmageddon" weather last week. A DL spokesman was almost bragging to the reporter about new software. "We rebook everyone on affected flights with a few key presses and we don't need to contact them". :eek:

There was a piece in the news about the airlines during the bad "snowmageddon" weather last week. A DL spokesman was almost bragging to the reporter about new software. "We rebook everyone on affected flights with a few key presses and we don't need to contact them". :eek:

And good for them. People should be smart enough to check online for their flights. Oh look, snow outside, wonder if my flight it still OK. Most people also don't realize that if it's GOING to snow, most airlines will allow you to change your flight in advance :and waive the fee: to get out a day or two early.

Archived