New idea for booze smuggling!!!!!

mgg42

At last, someone with sense. You know for me its not being tight, its more convenience, if they sold bottles of alcohol for us to buy and take to the stateroom I would buy them, even at inflated stupid prices, they would then make a good profit and a lot of the smuggling would stop.

I was surprised we could buy drinks after going through security at Barcelona, we didn't, but it seemed strange when they are so vigilant elsewhere

Having said that, though, I think some people just like to flout the rules, like me and my iron, something else we agree on in another thread :)

I was surprised we could buy drinks after going through security at Barcelona, we didn't, but it seemed strange when they are so vigilant elsewhere

Having said that, though, I think some people just like to flout the rules, like me and my iron, something else we agree on in another thread :)

Yes, we bought some in Barcelona and took them on board, no more checks so it must have been ok.;) And they were in my hand luggage too. If they sold them on the ships, yes I would buy them.

And yes the iron, we can argue with people until the cows come home, its a silly rule but at the end of the day we have to agree to

disagree with them, we all think we are right ;)

Yes, we bought some in Barcelona and took them on board, no more checks so it must have been ok.;) And they were in my hand luggage too. If they sold them on the ships, yes I would buy them.

And yes the iron, we can argue with people until the cows come home, its a silly rule but at the end of the day we have to agree to

disagree with them, we all think we are right ;)

We purchased booze ashore too, but I think it would be better saying that we didnt buy at the following places

Cannes, Loverno and Alicante......:D

We didnt get caught once !!pms

Gibraltar

Funny! we bought some Limoncello in Rome and Rum, now we didnt hide it, just put it in hand luggage and that got through fine. I guess thats not smuggling is it? :)

My misses walked through with a bottle in a plastic carrier bag and they didnt say anyting (Think it was Baileys)

Best haul was real pussers rum (Thick treacle stuff) (2 Bottles) purchased from a source in Gib !! A throw back to my Navy days !!!!...

We had 2 bottles of Crown Royal we bought on board that we had to leave behind when we left the ship early due to a serious health problem of one of our traveling companions. They could not get to our liquor in time before we left the ship. What do you think happens to all the liquor people forget or do not pick up? My guess is crew gets it or it goes back to the on-board liquor store for resell. I wonder if anyone knows for sure.;)

My misses walked through with a bottle in a plastic carrier bag and they didnt say anyting (Think it was Baileys)

Best haul was real pussers rum (Thick treacle stuff) (2 Bottles) purchased from a source in Gib !! A throw back to my Navy days !!!!...

And it's not like those Brits who bring booze onboard don't buy any on the ship - on every RCI cruise we've been on, the Schooner Bar is almost always filled with people from the UK, while there was no sign of any Spanish, Italians or Japanese, and very few Americans (this was on the Med cruises but, to be fair, on every cruise it's the Brits who seem to consume the most alcohol in the bars - I guess we just like to enjoy ourselves, even if we have to get up early next morning for a tour with a thick head!

eliminate tips? you guys are crazy. they work hand and foot, 16-20 hours a day and do not get paid much at all. quit being cheapskates.

Yeah, I was TOTALLY serious that I should get a discount on tips if my contraband booze gets taken. In fact, I think they would have to scale the tips based on the brand of liquor or beer that was found. Better beer, more discount on tips! The confiscate my Johnnie Walker Blue? Free cruise for me!

Lighten up. :D

Greatness. And all the people who get their booze confiscated can meet in the Schooner Bar at the end of the cruise and cry about their bar bills. Which would be much more entertaining than listening to them brag about all the money they saved and their $50 onboard bill. :eek: :rolleyes:

The only problem with this is....the booze doesn't even make it onto the ship. It is held in the port terminal until you disembark and it's at the exit door.

We have left unopened bottles of wine for the cabin steward, usually the stuff the TA's gift to you. They have been very appreciative.

Last cruise on Princess we gave our cabin steward a bottle of wine (in addition to cash, for those keeping score) and he was very appreciative. BTW we didn't sneak the wine on board, on Princess you can bring a couple of bottles for consumption in your cabin.

A very simple and nice policy and probably eliminates a great deal, but certainly not all, of the smuggling. Just an opinion folks!:D

Archived