New idea for booze smuggling!!!!!

mgg42

Instead of holding confiscated alcohol and giving it back at the end of the cruise, I propose the cruise line should keep it, and give it to the crew!

The crew has their own (limited) downtime, and no doubt it involves relaxing over drinks. But rather than them having to pay for the drinks, let them have their pick of all that is confiscated. Now, if they have common sense, they will probably limit themselves to that which is clearly identifiable, and not possibly tampered with. In other words, they would dump the rumrunners if they so chose. Or, they could keep them at their own peril! (it could be a fun game of alcoholic "russian roulette" for the crew!)

Think of the morale boost it would be for the crew....Free drinks courtesy of the morons who can't follow the rules!

It would really be win-win. The crew would get free drinks for their effort. RCI would undoubtedly get more thorough screening of the bags because of the new incentive. And those who still feel the need to smuggle the booze aboard would have to deal with a real consequence of not just having the booze withheld until they go home, but actually losing it altogether!

Who's with me?:D

Now, before you go absolutely nutty, I realize this is unrealistic, impractical, and would NEVER happen. I just throw it out there for fun. And because, hey, if the cheapskate nitwits that feel the need to smuggle anything and everything aboard can start dozens of inane threads about it every day, I think there can be at least one inane thread like this!:)

Instead of holding confiscated alcohol and giving it back at the end of the cruise, I propose the cruise line should keep it, and give it to the crew!

The crew has their own (limited) downtime, and no doubt it involves relaxing over drinks. But rather than them having to pay for the drinks, let them have their pick of all that is confiscated. Now, if they have common sense, they will probably limit themselves to that which is clearly identifiable, and not possibly tampered with. In other words, they would dump the rumrunners if they so chose. Or, they could keep them at their own peril! (it could be a fun game of alcoholic "russian roulette" for the crew!)

Think of the morale boost it would be for the crew....Free drinks courtesy of the morons who can't follow the rules!

It would really be win-win. The crew would get free drinks for their effort. RCI would undoubtedly get more thorough screening of the bags because of the new incentive. And those who still feel the need to smuggle the booze aboard would have to deal with a real consequence of not just having the booze withheld until they go home, but actually losing it altogether!

Now, before you go absolutely nutty, I realize this is unrealistic, impractical, and would NEVER happen. I just throw it out there for fun. And because, hey, if the cheapskate nitwits that feel the need to smuggle anything and everything aboard can start dozens of inane threads about it every day, I think there can be at least one inane thread like this!:)

It would actually work well for the company -- the crew would be more enthusiastic and efficient in searching for alcohol.

A very inane thread, but I like it. Another possibility, would be an auction of the booze among the passengers, wherein, I would assume that the disguised booze would probably only be bid on by the owner thereof, while the undisguised booze would probably bring a fair price by other folks. Obviously, the disguished booze would have to br marked in order that the owner could identify same; and, there would have to be a minimum bid required for all auctioned booze. The line could either place the funds in their general account, or distribute same to their booze police, provided that said police were a part of the actual ship personnel, and not folks employed to remain in port after the ship's departure.

Oh looks like I will have to hide my booze better.

The only problem with this is....the booze doesn't even make it onto the ship. It is held in the port terminal until you disembark and it's at the exit door.

We have left unopened bottles of wine for the cabin steward, usually the stuff the TA's gift to you. They have been very appreciative.

The only problem with this is....the booze doesn't even make it onto the ship. It is held in the port terminal until you disembark and it's at the exit door.

We have left unopened bottles of wine for the cabin steward, usually the stuff the TA's gift to you. They have been very appreciative.

That's only true for the stuff confiscated from carry-ons. The other bags are loaded aboard, and then you are called to the "naughty room" to open the bags. All that stuff is already on the ship.

here's a novel idea, why doesn't the cruise lines allow people to bring some of their own booze on board? :rolleyes:

it doesn't bother me, we go on the ship and we are happy to pay for drinks in the bar, but it obviously does bother a lot of people who like to bring their own tipple

it's happening everywhere though, I took my son to the cinema yesterday and we went to McDonald's first and had our drinks with us, my son started to hide his and I told him not to - my take on it is that Ive paid for the cinema tickets and sweets and so I can take my own drink in. No-one said anything, but it's indicative of the silly 'rules' that rule our lives these days but, in this recession, you'd think companies would be bending over backwards to keep the punters coming through the doors

here's a novel idea, why doesn't the cruise lines allow people to bring some of their own booze on board? :rolleyes:

it doesn't bother me, we go on the ship and we are happy to pay for drinks in the bar, but it obviously does bother a lot of people who like to bring their own tipple

it's happening everywhere though, I took my son to the cinema yesterday and we went to McDonald's first and had our drinks with us, my son started to hide his and I told him not to - my take on it is that Ive paid for the cinema tickets and sweets and so I can take my own drink in. No-one said anything, but it's indicative of the silly 'rules' that rule our lives these days

At last, someone with sense. You know for me its not being tight, its more convenience, if they sold bottles of alcohol for us to buy and take to the stateroom I would buy them, even at inflated stupid prices, they would then make a good profit and a lot of the smuggling would stop.

Archived