gift for PVP

Joie

thanks....want to send something to say thank you. Contacting supervisor would be nice also, but don;t want to ahve to get to supervisor thru them......can you just ask for a supervisor and not call PVP and ask to talk to their supervisor?

And final payment is usually made whether you get good service or not.....they deserve more in some cases for sure.

Two years ago when we came back from our awesome Southern Caribbean Cruise, I sat down and wrote a letter to Carnival's President, Mr. Cahill. I also sent a copy of my letter to my PVP's Supervisor.

In my letter, I detailed my extreme satisfaction, not only with the cruise ship's personnel, but with my PVP. I told Mr. Cahill what an asset this young man was to Carnival and that I would certainly book my next cruise through him.

A few short weeks later, I received a letter back from Mr. Cahill's office thanking me for taking the time to write. (I was also given a number to call the Bon Voyage Dept. prior to my next sailing.)

My PVP called me to thank me for the kind words. His supervisor was very pleased. He told me that he was recognized for his fine work. He was very happy.

Needless to say we got together again to plan another cruise. I expect to be writing another letter upon my return.

So often people have the tendency to complain more than compliment! If you are truly pleased with Carnival for ANY reason, let them know about it!

I have also written to Mr Cahill and supervisor without going though my PVP - I heard from him almost immediately. They get big kudos and bonuses so we don't really need to send a gift just praise and they reap rewards. Not they they wouldn't give you good service but they just up it next time you book and you praise them and they up it and you praise them and they up it. It is a win win when you acknowledge the wonderful service so many of them give you.

What did your pvp do that was deserving of a gift?

Mine just books the cabin we request and gets credit for the cruises we take. I don't see him doing anything else. We know what we want and we book it through him so he gets the credit. Just nosey about what yours does for you.

Some PVP's are better than others. SOme actually have a listing of all their bookings and keep an eye on price drops and upgrades and such I guess. Some just take orders and that's as far as they go.

I sent a letter to my PVP's supervisor as well as a copy to him. I wanted him to know how extremely pleased we were with all of his help. I also sent a letter to John Heald after our cruise, praising the staff of the ship and of course I had to add my PVP's name as it would not have been such a memorable cruise without his help!

I send him referrals too, which I think mean more to him than any "gift" I could send him. More bookings for him means more money for him.

Archived