Playa v Cozumel on Poesia = Frustration!

arf2005

I've been checking tours in Cozumel for several weeks now after realizing the ship wasn't going to stop in Playa and I'm running into the same problem I initially ran into when I first tried to book a tour in Playa (before I realized the ship was stopping there). No one is willing to book us without full payment up front and no refund if we don't make the tour. They all seem to be extremely cautious of patrons of MSC and I'm speaking of tour directors that come highly recommended. I'm one who does a tremendous amount of research ahead of time and then books my own tours and this is the most frustrating experience!

Don't they take a deposit?

Email me pls with what you find because we are in similar situation. I do tons of research and usually book my own tours too. Looking at a cruise in the distant future, Nov 1-11 on Poesia and it says PDC, but from what all of you are saying it is not stopping there. With a time in port only from 8-4 that does not leave a comfortable margin of time to take the ferry to PDC and do Tulum and the beach there. I have several people doing the cruise with me and were interested in this stop ...now I need to find some ruins and good tour in Cozumel..... UGH! Pls email me...

We booked with Island Mtkg for our March cruise and I just contacted them the other day to see if they would switch my shore excusion (it's just a beach stay) from Playa to Cozumel b/c of MSC's wierd dock situation. They worked with me and said no problem.

When I booked I did have to pay a deposit of 25% but they were willing to switch the deposit to the other excusion with no questions asked.

Try them. :)

Don't they take a deposit?

Email me pls with what you find because we are in similar situation. I do tons of research and usually book my own tours too. Looking at a cruise in the distant future, Nov 1-11 on Poesia and it says PDC, but from what all of you are saying it is not stopping there. With a time in port only from 8-4 that does not leave a comfortable margin of time to take the ferry to PDC and do Tulum and the beach there. I have several people doing the cruise with me and were interested in this stop ...now I need to find some ruins and good tour in Cozumel..... UGH! Pls email me...

Tulum is GREAT!!, if you have never been, try and go sometime.

We booked the ships tour thru Carnival last time, and it does take a while to get there with the ferry and bus ride, so you don't have much time.

The beach was great, to me better than the ruins...

I hope you get to go...

Plz check the post I put in earlier (if the boat is still at the port). Is this Playa, not Cozumel?

I need some confirmation so I can figure out where to book our excursion.

Thanks!

It's a different itinerary this week, today (Monday) she arrives in San Juan at 5pm, next week she'll be back doing the fake Playa itinerary.

-Bob

Ah the continuing saga of where the Poesia will go on Mondays. My wife and I won't be near a computer tomorrow (Monday), would anyone like to volunteer to check the Poesia's ship cam between 10 and 4 to see if she's at anchor (Playa) or docked (Coz). Here's the link:

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/msc_poesia/poesia-frame.htm

Click on both the bridge cam and deck cams to get fore and aft views.

Any bets :-)?

BTW, did you see the private zip line tours in Coz are all canceled. Wonder what that's about. A guy died parasailing in Coz this month, and someone died zip lining in Roatan. Tough tours.

-Bob

Well they changed our itinerary now for the Nov 1 -11 cruise. Instead of tendering at PDC, they are docking in Cozumel. Instead of Ocho Rios they are doing Montego Bay. All good. Finally get to do Doctors Cave Beach in Jamaica. Cozumel is fine for me, and for those who wanted Tulum, I would suggest taking a cruise excursion just in case of the time issues, from 8-4 there.

My buddy sent me a screen grab from the ship cam this afternoon, looks like she is at the International dock in Coz again, with the Puerta Maya dock off the bow. Cam thanks for the fall itinerary update, it looks like MSC has given up on Playa, it would be interesting to know why.

-Bob

It's jsut frustrating that they don't just change the itinery instead of keeping us hanging.

We leave on April 10 and have a dolphin excursion planned, no monetary refunds but may be able to change to Cozumel, space permitting. I don't care where we go I'd just like to know.

It's jsut frustrating that they don't just change the itinery instead of keeping us hanging.

We leave on April 10 and have a dolphin excursion planned, no monetary refunds but may be able to change to Cozumel, space permitting. I don't care where we go I'd just like to know.

I know what you mean.....we so wanted to go to PLAYA, but ended up in COZUMEL.

The crew said that they have not docked there and dont hold your breath either, it seems doubtful.

As for itinerary change, not sure how they would go about changes to printed material that is planned months ahead of time.

We took a short beach stay at Paradise beach (the port times were not very long)

Enjoy your cruise

I was just wondering how much notice we will be given that we are no longer going to playa del Carmen. I have to let the Dolphin Discovery know ASAP and hope it won't be the morning of that I find out. I just hope we will still be able to do our excursion in Cozumel as it will be pretty rushed to go by ferry to playa. Was your port time the same 10-4?

I was just wondering how much notice we will be given that we are no longer going to playa del Carmen. I have to let the Dolphin Discovery know ASAP and hope it won't be the morning of that I find out. I just hope we will still be able to do our excursion in Cozumel as it will be pretty rushed to go by ferry to playa. Was your port time the same 10-4?

SAME TIME 10-4

......And yes we were only informed the morning of, we even received tender tickets the night befor.

Then the anouncement came the next morning that port authorities had an available port in Cozumel, and it is always preferable to tender.

Archived