Where to buy wine before boarding volendam at darling harbor?

tkips

The Volendam normally departs from the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay (opposite the Opera House) check this link for your cruise http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule . There is bottle shops near the OPT, we picked up some from the Liquorland store in the Coles Express store, near the Westin Hotel.

When is your cruise departing? The Volendam is also in Sydney on Sunday March 14 and that has disappeared off the Sydney Ports website. It was listed as Darling Harbour. How odd.

I think Coles Express that Australian Family mentioned would be quite manageable from Darling Harbour as well

When is your cruise departing? The Volendam is also in Sydney on Sunday March 14 and that has disappeared off the Sydney Ports website. It was listed as Darling Harbour. How odd.

I think Coles Express that Australian Family mentioned would be quite manageable from Darling Harbour as well

Thank You all - We are on the March 14 sailing - Hope the ship will be there!

This City Bottle Shop is just up the road from the Darling Harbour CruiseTerminal in Carrington Street,(a short walk)across from Wynyard Station adjacent to the Menzies Hotel.

It wont have the weekly specials that the afforementioned Liquorland will have as this shop http://www.cbdcellars.com.au/public/home.ehtml is not part of a chain and caters for the corporate city offices however it will have a excellent range of beers and wines to choose.

Because of high city rents the Bottle Shops are not so many and are on the city fringe and are on every other corner in the suburbs.

If your travelling by suburban train there is almost certainly to be one across the road from most railway stations.

:confused:Thx for the cruise schedule. I think I read that our cruise on the Volendam, March 14 leaves from Wharf 8? We are staying at a hotel in theRocks, which is close to OPT, I believe. It looks like Wharf 8 is on the opposite side of town, a different harbor. Am I right, and is it very far from the Rocks? Thank you, Connie >

The Volendam normally departs from the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay (opposite the Opera House) check this link for your cruise http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule . There is bottle shops near the OPT, we picked up some from the Liquorland store in the Coles Express store, near the Westin Hotel.

Would our Aussie cc'er's be willing to share their knowledge of what we can expect from mid-March through mid-April in all regions of AU as far as temperatures and weather conditions(winds, precipitation)? We'll be on a circumnavigation, and I'm sure temps and rain vary from Tasmania to Darwin to Geralton to Cairns. I truly want to pack as light as possible for 5 weeks(which won't be easy for me. Thanks so much for any info provided! Connie (I've read a general AU meteorologist site, but I'd like the human perspective)

Maybe, I certainly pull my own to the OPT at Circular Quay, but for Darling Harbour it is up hill and down and around, a Cab will pay for itself in the long run.

As to temps. You will need a light jacket in Tasmania (perhaps with as we say in the states) a sweater (jumper for those who speak the Queen's English) In Cairns, and North think Caribean. I did a North to South in April a couple years ago needed everything in the bag.

thx so much. I'll take light layers with a parka. that way I should be covered for temp, wind and any rain.

I shall also plan on the taxi. lookin 4ward to the trip. did you enjoy the north/south trip in April?

Maybe, I certainly pull my own to the OPT at Circular Quay, but for Darling Harbour it is up hill and down and around, a Cab will pay for itself in the long run.

As to temps. You will need a light jacket in Tasmania (perhaps with as we say in the states) a sweater (jumper for those who speak the Queen's English) In Cairns, and North think Caribean. I did a North to South in April a couple years ago needed everything in the bag.

thx so much. I'll take light layers with a parka. that way I should be covered for temp, wind and any rain.

I shall also plan on the taxi. lookin 4ward to the trip. did you enjoy the north/south trip in April?

I was one day scuba diving the Great Barrier reef and 2 days later enjoying fish and chips on the harbour in Hobart on a beautiful fall evening! It was heaven.

sounds awesome! can't wait to reach our piece of 'awesomeness'. i'm thinking each part of Australia has a unique identity, and with that i'll feel a different experience with each region, as if i were traveling through different countries. thx for the visualization.

I was one day scuba diving the Great Barrier reef and 2 days later enjoying fish and chips on the harbour in Hobart on a beautiful fall evening! It was heaven.

Archived