Ocean Terminal Viewpoint

Capnahab

Hi everyone,

We are taking my mum and niece on Ventura in March and my sister and familiy would like to wave them off.We are sailing from the Ocean terminal in Southampton so was wondering where the best vantage point was, any tips would be appreciated.

There is an indoor viewing area at the far end of the building. You go up the escalator and walk past the check in desks. You may need photo ID.

I think you can also walk down the road to the west of the building to the end of the jetty if the weather is not inclement.

Brian

There are one or two good viewpoints further away from the Docks i.e. Weston Foreshore and Netley Country Park....also there is a good spot at Gilkicker point Stokes Bay Gosport where the ship will pass fairly close, after hugging the Isle of Wight for a while, about one and half hours after sailing....My son lives near there and goes to the beach to see us pass...unfortunately we are usually going to dinner !!

I love the Ocean terminal :) When we drove my brother and family to the port, we were able to accompany them in to the terminal, take a seat and enjoy the sight of the ship up close, until their "letter" was called for check in. When boarding has closed and security removed, with the doors locked you can move freely around the whole area, the building is glass so great views.

That said its also soundproof so you don't get to hear the sail away band, so if its a nice day i'd move out to the jetty.

I love the Ocean terminal :) When we drove my brother and family to the port, we were able to accompany them in to the terminal, take a seat and enjoy the sight of the ship up close, until their "letter" was called for check in. When boarding has closed and security removed, with the doors locked you can move freely around the whole area, the building is glass so great views.

That said its also soundproof so you don't get to hear the sail away band, so if its a nice day i'd move out to the jetty.

Do they really still have a sail away band playing? I thought that was the stuff of movies!

Ann

Archived