Carlisle/Boatyard Beach

ozysanj

I sent them an email,as soon as they turn back to me,i will post the reply :)

here at The Boat Yard we offer a great Beach Package.

The cost is US$10 per person whether child or adult and includes the

following:

A FREE welcome drink, unlimited use of the beach chairs, restrooms, showers,

changing rooms, use of Non-motorised water sports like the Iceberg Slide,

Ocean Trampolines, Rope Swing, there is also a Bar and a Restaurant that

make up part of our Facility. Shared umbrellas are also included while stock

lasts.

Transportation back to the Cruise Ship terminal is free of charge; our

shuttles start at 1pm and go every 15 minutes until 4.30pm. You are issued a

wristband which allows you to go in and out of the property as you wish;

this has to be worn at all times.

Reservations are not required and we open daily at 9am, we are about 7-10

minutes drive from the Cruise Terminal by taxi.

Motorised water activities as well as snorkeling are also available for

rental on the beach by independent persons, they would provide the

equipment.

The Boatyard also offers a Catamaran Lunch Cruise daily from 9.30am to

2.30pm. It's a 5 hour cruise that includes food, unlimited drinks, two

snorkel stops one which allows you to swim with turtles and another over an

active wreck and reef, which provide lots of fun for the" water enthusiasts"

or total relaxation for those who prefer to "just get away from it all" and

be pampered. Adults are 75us and kids 12 and under are 38us each.

Reservations are required for this trip and you can do so by email or if you

prefer our telephone numbers are 246 228-8142 / 246 826-4448.

This sounds like a great place...unless their are a ton of ships in port that day. Now that cruisecal charges, does anyone know where I can go to see which ships are docked along side us???

I just found the answer to your question...in another post it was: cruisett dot com and you click on ports

I found how many ships were in each port for the month of March. Since we sail in 9 days, I didn't look any further! :D

Good luck & happy sailings to you!

Thank you so much for posting that! $10/person sounds like a great price, esp since it includes transport, chairs and a drink!

I totally agree,especially after seeing the pics on their web site...

it looks great!!

web site is theboatyard dot com

$10 is a great price; it was $15 each when we were there last year. Just a heads up: the slide, trampoline and rope swing were all out of order. Had we been there with small children, they would have been completely bored. The vendors on this beach are relentless. Get there early for an umbrella or there is no shade.

However, the drinks are good (1 included), the flying fish at the restaurant is expensive but delicious, and the shuttle back to the ship make it money well spent, I think.

Would we go back? No. But it was OK for the afternoon.

It appears the server is down. I have a timeshare in Barbados - and spend most of my time on this beach. It has everything you need from good music, activities, bar/restaurant, bathrooms. It can get crowded if a lot of ships are in - but well worth the $10. I've never seen them run out of chairs, but the umbrellas do go fast. Food isn't cheap - but it's that way anywhere on the island. Definitely a fun place to spend the day.

It appears the server is down. I have a timeshare in Barbados - and spend most of my time on this beach. It has everything you need from good music, activities, bar/restaurant, bathrooms. It can get crowded if a lot of ships are in - but well worth the $10. I've never seen them run out of chairs, but the umbrellas do go fast. Food isn't cheap - but it's that way anywhere on the island. Definitely a fun place to spend the day.

Thanks. Just two quick questions - is the price negotiable with the vendors offering snorkeling tours on the beach? Would they stop at where the turtles are?

Thanks. Just two quick questions - is the price negotiable with the vendors offering snorkeling tours on the beach? Would they stop at where the turtles are?

There is really no scuba diving right from the beach. There is a nearby boat wreck shallow dive site that you can either do a "resort dive" or I believe they will take you snorkeling - but really too far above the wrecks (20ft) for great snorkeling. If you want to swim with the turtles and snorkel - you are better off doing the catamaran either throught he boatyard or I would highly recommend one through Tiami (Tall Ships). The

Tiami is loads of fun - fellow cruisers make it very enjoyable - includes lots of drinks ;), good music, two snorkel sites (inlcuding one witht he turtles) and a great lunch buffet served on board. Definitely worth the money. Any other questions let me know. I've spent 13 weeks on this island.

There is really no scuba diving right from the beach. There is a nearby boat wreck shallow dive site that you can either do a "resort dive" or I believe they will take you snorkeling - but really too far above the wrecks (20ft) for great snorkeling. If you want to swim with the turtles and snorkel - you are better off doing the catamaran either throught he boatyard or I would highly recommend one through Tiami (Tall Ships). The

Tiami is loads of fun - fellow cruisers make it very enjoyable - includes lots of drinks ;), good music, two snorkel sites (inlcuding one witht he turtles) and a great lunch buffet served on board. Definitely worth the money. Any other questions let me know. I've spent 13 weeks on this island.

Thank you so much for the info. You definitely made me jealous! :p

Anyone got an idea of price? Also, would it be fun for 7 and 4 yr old boys (and their mid-thirties parents)? :o

Just a caveat... you need to walk through the bar to get to the beach, and they are some pretty suggestive / raunchy pictures and quotes posted around the bar. My kids are 5 and 6, and very curious readers... I just steered them pretty quickly towards the beach!

Heatwave Tours runs out of the Boatyard:

http://www.heatwavesailingcruises.com/

We did the 5 hour tour that stops to snorkel with the turtles, then again at a shipwreck, it is open bar the entire time and included a great lunch. Afterwards, we were able to stay at the Boatyard for free. We booked it ahead of time via the website. I do not think they are negotiable.

Heatwave Tours runs out of the Boatyard:

http://www.heatwavesailingcruises.com/

We did the 5 hour tour that stops to snorkel with the turtles, then again at a shipwreck, it is open bar the entire time and included a great lunch. Afterwards, we were able to stay at the Boatyard for free. We booked it ahead of time via the website. I do not think they are negotiable.

Thanks. We booked a smiliar tour with Silver Moon since they have so many good reivews. We opted for the 24-passenger instead of 12. Will let everyone know how it goes when we come back.

Archived