Bus to Megan's Bay: Yes or No?

GreytRacer

I have done a search, and frankly, my head blew up trying to sort out all the information. One thread says yes, you can take the bus to Megan's Bay and then one says no you can't. :confused:

Help! Yes or No? We're leaving on Saturday!

Thanks!

There is no bus of any sort that goes to Magens. Taxi is the only way to get there unless you have a car:( It is a lovely bay and beach and well worth the trip! Enjoy.:)

B.

So the bus doesn't drop you on a main road at the top of a hill that you can walk down to the beach? This is why I'm so confused!

So the bus doesn't drop you on a main road at the top of a hill that you can walk down to the beach? This is why I'm so confused!

Nope, "the walk down the hill" is not exactly a quick trip down. It's at least a mile, with the road twisting and turing on itself a few times. At places it is narrow and I would not consider it safe to walk. Best way is either by taxi or car.

Scott

Agreed, you can't walk in. The open air taxi is only about $8 or $9 per person each way, depending on which pier you are at. The admission charge to Magens Bay is $4 per person. The cab ride is fun and IMO, is part of the St.Thomas experience. There is absolutely no way I'd walk - it's far too dangerous and steep, not to mention very tiring I'm sure. Just budget for the cab and you'll be fine. :)

Archived