Hotel Montecarlo or Hotel 1898?

divemedic

Anybody stayed at either of these 2 hotels. Any recommendations for 2 of us to stay in November? Both are highly rated by tripadvisor but 1898 rooms look nicer.

Thanks for you help! :)

Phil and Erica

We stayed at Hotel Montecarlo in July 2009, we loved it. Per my recommendation, a fellow cc member and her friends from the London area stayed there in Sept. 2009 and also loved it. The Montecarlo is modern, with those beds that have each side you can adjust electronically. The bathroom in the deluxe room is to die for. Huge spa tub, and one of those Japanese electronic toilets, all brand new. Both properties are directly across Las Ramblas. I do believe that Hotel Montecarlo was less expensive, and my cc friend was able to call the hotel directly and received a great deal. Try emailing them if calling is not an option.

We stayed at Hotel Montecarlo in July 2009, we loved it. Per my recommendation, a fellow cc member and her friends from the London area stayed there in Sept. 2009 and also loved it. The Montecarlo is modern, with those beds that have each side you can adjust electronically. The bathroom in the deluxe room is to die for. Huge spa tub, and one of those Japanese electronic toilets, all brand new. Both properties are directly across Las Ramblas. I do believe that Hotel Montecarlo was less expensive, and my cc friend was able to call the hotel directly and received a great deal. Try emailing them if calling is not an option.

Many thanks..I'll give that a try.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in Hotel 1898 in June 2007 for two days pre cruise and loved it so much we did the same in June 2009. Our stay in 2009 was in a deluxe room with a terrace and it was fabulous. We enjoyed coffee in the mornings and wine in the evenings on our huge private terrace.

The rooftop terrace with pool was wonderful to relax in the afternoons after walking all morning.

I was a bit nervous about noise from Las Ramblas but it was not noisy at all. We really heard nothing even in the evening when lots of people were on the street. Our room faced Las Ramblas.

We have also stayed in Barcelona AC and Hotel Mirimar but neither lived up to Hotel 1898.

The rooms we had were very large (although we were in at least superior or above). They had a pot to heat water for tea or instant type coffee. The bathrooms and showers in the rooms were wonderful. There is a Starbucks right outside the hotel. We will be returning to Hotel 1898 again.

We stayed in Hotel 1898 in June 2007 for two days pre cruise and loved it so much we did the same in June 2009. Our stay in 2009 was in a deluxe room with a terrace and it was fabulous. We enjoyed coffee in the mornings and wine in the evenings on our huge private terrace.

The rooftop terrace with pool was wonderful to relax in the afternoons after walking all morning.

I was a bit nervous about noise from Las Ramblas but it was not noisy at all. We really heard nothing even in the evening when lots of people were on the street. Our room faced Las Ramblas.

We have also stayed in Barcelona AC and Hotel Mirimar but neither lived up to Hotel 1898.

The rooms we had were very large (although we were in at least superior or above). They had a pot to heat water for tea or instant type coffee. The bathrooms and showers in the rooms were wonderful. There is a Starbucks right outside the hotel. We will be returning to Hotel 1898 again.

Thank you ...thats good to here. We still have both booked but will have to decide soon.

Hotel Montecarlo also has a rooftop terrace, but no pool. We bought wine and cheese from the market and soaked up the view. Both hotels are wonderful choices. I did notice that Hotel Montecarlo was very popular with Europeans. It is all a matter of taste. Since the location is identical, I would go with the least expensive. jmo.

Archived