Curling Irons?

jlens2009

Won't find me travelling anywhere without my hair straighteners (I know they're not curling but same principle)! :D

Can anyone confirm that you can use a UK GHD hair straightener on one of the RC ships? I assume the power outlet is a US one and we will need a travel adaptor? (I am in Sydney but my GHD is a UK one). Might sound trivial to some but I can't live without my straightener (not if I want to look in a mirror without grimacing). Thought NorbertsNiece might know as she is based in UK.

Thanks,

Ally

Can anyone confirm that you can use a UK GHD hair straightener on one of the RC ships? I assume the power outlet is a US one and we will need a travel adaptor? (I am in Sydney but my GHD is a UK one). Might sound trivial to some but I can't live without my straightener (not if I want to look in a mirror without grimacing). Thought NorbertsNiece might know as she is based in UK.

Thanks,

Ally

Im not sure if this is the case for all ships but we had a euro plug socket on our ship and if you take the plug off GHD'S you have a euro plug inside, it worked great for me.

Thanks,

Ally

Yeap. I use GHDs. Pink ones! You WILL need that adapter. I bring an extension cable too.

Im not sure if this is the case for all ships but we had a euro plug socket on our ship and if you take the plug off GHD'S you have a euro plug inside, it worked great for me.

Hey M&S!

I never knew that. Just went and had a look. Amazing. :)

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure what you mean about taking the plug off. My GHD is several years old, so maybe I don't have this feature. My plug doesn't seem to come off.

I gather if I take a UK-US adaptor I will be able to use it just fine.

Ally

Electric outlets are minimal; one in the bath and one or two at the desk. Three prong U.S. type outlets and European type are both available. Bring a power strip and two extention cords as well as an alarm clock that dimly glows to act as a night light. The cabin clock is on the telephone and very small and black at night.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure what you mean about taking the plug off. My GHD is several years old, so maybe I don't have this feature. My plug doesn't seem to come off.

I gather if I take a UK-US adaptor I will be able to use it just fine.

Ally

My GHD's are old too but the plug is a clear plastic/polymer.... whatever... it's clear! When I turned it over to see the underside.... the side with the prongs... you can see the original plug inside with its 2 prongs and attached to the cable. Very clever. I won't be removing the original plug because I'm lazy and will need to bring the adapter and extension cable with anyway but it's a brilliant feature to have included in such an important product.

My GHD's are old too but the plug is a clear plastic/polymer.... whatever... it's clear! When I turned it over to see the underside.... the side with the prongs... you can see the original plug inside with its 2 prongs and attached to the cable. Very clever. I won't be removing the original plug because I'm lazy and will need to bring the adapter and extension cable with anyway but it's a brilliant feature to have included in such an important product.

Yes, if you undo the screw slightly the two prongs should slide out.

Just a tip, when using them with the two prongs, they tend to get hotter and work better than the adapter.

Thanks,

Ally

Just wondering what "GHD" stands for?

Archived