Shuttle transportation from Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Cre

We recently used FL Tours (google them) and were very satisfied with the service. We were picked up at WDW, then to PC for embarkation. On the way back, straight from PC to MCO. For our party of 5, it was $230 round trip in our own van (we could have held more people but only had the 5 of us). We had a grocery stop on the way to the port (actually we stopped at MCO to pick up DH who had dropped off his father and the rental car LOL). Very nice and efficient service. Would use them again should the need arise.

RCCL quoted me a roundtrip price of 72.00.

That is actually not too bad. I was just looking it up and for the two of us it looks like it is about 65 each way anyways. But, will they pick us up a day early at the airport?

My mother used Travelynx from MCO to Canaveral last week, and had no complaints. 50 bucks approximately, one-way. This was the day before the cruise.

An RCL transfer won't work except for the day of embarkation/disembarkation.

That is what I thought.

I'll look into travelynx.

We stayed at the Wingate Orlando Airport Hotel the night before our cruise.

They picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. The next morning they took us to Port Canaveral and then picked us up there after the cruise and took us back to the airport. I think the total for hotel/transfers was around $200 for two of us. They also gave us a coupon to one of the restaurants right outside the door.

That is actually not too bad. I was just looking it up and for the two of us it looks like it is about 65 each way anyways. But, will they pick us up a day early at the airport?

RCCL will not pick you up a day early at the airport. If you fly in a day early and stay at a hotel near the airport, you can make your way back to the airport the day of the cruise, find the RCCL rep inside one of the terminals and buy a one way transfer at that time from them.

This could have changed but if you book your pre/post cruise hotel through RCI they take care of the transfers.

I did this in 2007 in Galveston.

The $72 round trip is a good price. I was just quoted $68 by Cocoa Beech Shuttle, for one way for the three of us.

I am using them from Disney to the ship and going on a excursion that will drop us at the airport for the return trip.

Denise

This could have changed but if you book your pre/post cruise hotel through RCI they take care of the transfers.

I did this in 2007 in Galveston.

The $72 round trip is a good price. I was just quoted $68 by Cocoa Beech Shuttle, for one way for the three of us.I am using them from Disney to the ship and going on a excursion that will drop us at the airport for the return trip.

Denise

That is $72pp, so $216 total, a little more than $136 for your return journey !!!:confused::confused:

My mother used Travelynx from MCO to Canaveral last week, and had no complaints. 50 bucks approximately, one-way. This was the day before the cruise.

I would also recomend Travelynx, they charge $25 per person, I found them on this website. We used them this past week on our 2/7 Freedom trip. I reserved ahead with a credit card, they will charge if you don't show up. On the return I didn't prebook them, just found their van at the terminal and hopped on.

The RCI transfer is $36 per person.

When I had my Mediterranean cruise last summer we had a friend drive us from the airport to the port of Rome. We arrived an hour at the port before the fellow cruisers on our flight who used the official transfer from RCI.

Anyone know if there is a long wait at the airport if you use their transfer?

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle this January. They were wonderful! $58 for 2 adults each way but 10% off because I told them about Cruise Critic. They were there waiting for us @ MCO and picked us up @ the cruise dock on return. Would use them again!

We live near Orlando and use Travelynx. The drivers are really great and we plan to use them again in April to take us to the port. My sister used Cocoa Beach shuttle and had terrible service from them and the van sounded as though it would break down. She also paid extra to have them take her and her family from the Residence Inn to the cruise . The morning of the cruise, they were late arriving and when the cruise was over, 3 of the people were supposed to be taken back to the Residence Inn to pick up their car, and Cocoa Beach shuttle jerked them around. The lady doing the dispatching had no control over the drivers. They did what they wanted. She just kept shaking her head.

Considering the price, Travelynx is a better buy even with the 10% cruise critic discount.

We rented a car when we arrived a day early. That way we could use the car to go to dinner and shopping in Cocoa Beach before the cruise.

Last October we used Cocoa Beach Shuttle and they were there when our cruise ended. They were very polite and took us to MCO after the cruise.

Archived