Grand Princess - Euro Cruise...anyone done it before?

canuckcruiser00

Not to sound overly dramatic (although I guess it's acceptable on this website)...but I think I've found my DREAM itinerary after days and days of searching! :D

It's the 23-day Europe Cruise, starting from the UK and ending at Ft. Lauderdale.

(with Spain, Portugal, France, two UK stops, Norway, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Nova Scotia and Ft. Lauderdale)

I'm just curious if anyone has taken this route, or a similar route, on Princess and has any tips/suggestions/words of advice if this is indeed a decent itinerary to follow.

Anything would be appreciated!

Not to sound overly dramatic (although I guess it's acceptable on this website)...but I think I've found my DREAM itinerary after days and days of searching! :D

It's the 23-day Europe Cruise, starting from the UK and ending at Ft. Lauderdale.

(with Spain, Portugal, France, two UK stops, Norway, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Nova Scotia and Ft. Lauderdale)

I'm just curious if anyone has taken this route, or a similar route, on Princess and has any tips/suggestions/words of advice if this is indeed a decent itinerary to follow.

Anything would be appreciated!

I can hear my wife now-"I wanna go";)

We have parts of this on three different trips but never on the same one.

would you mind telling me which ship/time of year this is:confused:

thanks,

dale

Yup sure, it's actually this one:

http://www.princess.com/pb/itineraryDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=A022A&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&port=LIS&productCode=ETB230&departureDate=Sep+18%2C+2010&productDesc=Iberia%2FIceland%2FNorway%2FGrand+Adventure+23+Days

(hope that works)

"Iberia/Iceland/Norway/Grand Adventure 23 Days

This itinerary features a 23-day cruise with 13 ports of call, including visits to London (Southampton), Lisbon and Ft. Lauderdale. Meals and entertainment are inclusive.

Ship: Grand Princess

Voyage Embarkation Port: London (Southampton), England

Number of Days: 23 Days

Embarktion Date: Sept 18/2010"

It's a great itinerary. However, be prepared to miss a few ports due to weather. We just did the Crown crossing and ended up missing the Shetland port, Akureyri, and Nanotarlik, Greenland. We missed Greenland (made port in Nuuk) because of icebergs. The others we missed because of weather--high winds in Akureyri and the Shetlands. The ports we did get to (Bergen, Stavanger, Reykjavik, Nuuk and Halifax in place of St. John's (also due to weather)) were great. Just be prepared to be cold when you get up north of the UK. Even the UK can be quite chilly at that time of year. I think you would enjoy the cruise. Lots of sea days!

Archived