Hotel recommendations for FLL???

jordanaire

Try the Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port I found it on Hotels.com a little cheaper. They offer free transportation from airport to hotel and from hotel to port of Ft Lauderdale Don't know what the hotel is like but we have had pretty good luck with Ramada hotels. About the same as Choice Hotels. I have booked it for mid April so hopefully it is ok. If you use before that time let me know how it is.

I've read many posts on this board where people had bad experiences at the Ramada. Not sure if it's the same Ramada you mention, but the OP should research carefully.

The LaQuinta we have used several times, it is clean and has lots of restaurants nearby. In addition they will let you leave your car for the duration of your trip and provide free breakfast int he morning and shuttle service to the port.

Ramada would be my last choice, we stayed there years ago and the service was horrible and the place was filthy. Now that was years go so they may have shaped up a bit but we would not try it again

We did the Hyatt Place last spring and will do it everytime we can swing it. Publix grocery store is a short walk away for those list minute items, including a good wine selection, at least for a grocery store. Shuttle service was nice, but do not expect anything fancy for breakfast. Definately check out betterbidding.com and book through hotwire.com. If you book early enough, you can usually get the room for $70 to $90 dollars.

Another vote for the Hyatt Place Airport North. I stayed there last weekend for one-night pre-cruise, and they really bent over backward to help us out after the snow in Atlanta drastically changed travel plans for the rest of my party. We booked through Hotwire so I figured we were SOL as far as getting a refund on the second hotel room (since I certainly didn't need two), but they were willing to talk to hotwire and refund them (letting Hotwire refund us) for the unused room. They also sent the shuttle in the morning to pick up my friend who wasn't even staying at the hotel because our plans were still getting settled (she was arriving just as my family was arriving from their 23-hr drive, so I didn't know whether to send her to the port or what, depending on how long my family wanted to stay at the hotel, clean up and de-compress).

Even without the extenuating circumstances, the hotel was more than adequate- great room set up like a mini-suite with a sitting area, walking distance from a strip mall with a grocery store, lots of dinner options, etc. I would stay there whenever I'm in Ft Lauderdale, especially for the price if you book through Hotwire or Valuetrips.

Another vote for the Hyatt Place Airport North. I stayed there last weekend for one-night pre-cruise, and they really bent over backward to help us out after the snow in Atlanta drastically changed travel plans for the rest of my party. We booked through Hotwire so I figured we were SOL as far as getting a refund on the second hotel room (since I certainly didn't need two), but they were willing to talk to hotwire and refund them (letting Hotwire refund us) for the unused room. They also sent the shuttle in the morning to pick up my friend who wasn't even staying at the hotel because our plans were still getting settled (she was arriving just as my family was arriving from their 23-hr drive, so I didn't know whether to send her to the port or what, depending on how long my family wanted to stay at the hotel, clean up and de-compress).

Even without the extenuating circumstances, the hotel was more than adequate- great room set up like a mini-suite with a sitting area, walking distance from a strip mall with a grocery store, lots of dinner options, etc. I would stay there whenever I'm in Ft Lauderdale, especially for the price if you book through Hotwire or Valuetrips.

Thanks for all the valuable info! We'll be staying there before our Solstice cruise in April and got a great deal thru valuetrips.com... you've answered all my questions! :o

Archived