Rccl Voyager or NCL Jade?

royalcaribbean101

Which ship?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship?

• NCL Jade
    • RCCL Navigator

Voyager is being replaced by Freedom Class Liberty in 2011. Don't think the Jade is going to stay the Barcelona route either, because it was announced that the new NCL Epic will be homeporting in Barcelona for summer 2011.

So your poll is probably really about RCCL Liberty v. NCL Epic.

If that be the case -- it's a tough one.

I would probably vote for Liberty if you're going for a regular cabin, but Epic if you're looking at upper-end suites and Courtyard Villas, since NCL offers a better ship within a ship experience for upper end suites.

Also, NCL is freestyle dining, which we enjoy -- it's like going to different restaurants every night, while Liberty will have more traditional dining, as well as a few specialty restaurants.

Anyway, we haven't really experienced the Epic Freestyle 3.0 cruise yet, and at least Liberty Freedom class has a proven track record.

This sure is a tough one!

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Voyager is being replaced by Freedom Class Liberty in 2011. Don't think the Jade is going to stay the Barcelona route either, because it was announced that the new NCL Epic will be homeporting in Barcelona for summer 2011.

So your poll is probably really about RCCL Liberty v. NCL Epic.

If that be the case -- it's a tough one.

I would probably vote for Liberty if you're going for a regular cabin, but Epic if you're looking at upper-end suites and Courtyard Villas, since NCL offers a better ship within a ship experience for upper end suites.

Also, NCL is freestyle dining, which we enjoy -- it's like going to different restaurants every night, while Liberty will have more traditional dining, as well as a few specialty restaurants.

Anyway, we haven't really experienced the Epic Freestyle 3.0 cruise yet, and at least Liberty Freedom class has a proven track record.

This sure is a tough one!

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I meant the itinerary going to Italy, Greece and Turkey. We just came back from a Western Mediterranean cruise on RCCL Voyager.

I meant the itinerary going to Italy, Greece and Turkey. We just came back from a Western Mediterranean cruise on RCCL Voyager.

The Norwegian Gem is doing that route in 2010, but for 2011 it will be the Jade. We have 3 adult children and, even now, try to look at what is offered for families. The Gem has a bowling rink, and also a climbing wall but the Jade has neither. It is fine for younger children.

Given the age of your children i.e. late and mid teen it is our opinion that RCCL would offer a far better cruise experience for that age group. Not sure which RCCL ship(s) will be in that area, but they definitely offer that itinery.

Archived