Are 2 cruises a year excessive for most?

gerry48

Someday, if I can afford it, we might do two a year. But right now we will be sticking to one a year, or one every other year, because there are some pricier cruises that we would like to do like the Mediterranean, Alaska, the Galapagos, etc. I think the only way we would be able to do a second cruise in a year right now is if we went on one that we could drive to the port, so that would be out of Boston, New York or Maryland, but cruises to Canada or the Bahamas don't appeal to me as much. Edited by bakersdozen12

Bakersdozen....don't miss bermuda out of boston....beautiful island....we are not rabid cruisers.....a great way for extended family time and not having to make too many decisions....we prefer several of the caribbean islands for land trips....st john and barbados are our favorites.....finally being retired we have a great month planned for next winter including a cruise out of San juan with family....

[B]I'll add to not miss Canada/NE out of Boston. To my mind, those cruises are among HAL's best short cruises. Years after year, we sailed it b-to-b, Boston to Montreal to Boston and never tired of it.

[/B]

I actually meant Bermuda, not Bahamas, in my first post. We might try the Boston to Bermuda cruise once, but it's not high on my "wish list." As far as the Canada cruise is concerned, I don't know about that one. We could easily drive there from NH. And most stop in Maine, which doesn't appeal to me at all given how many times I've been there. But who knows, maybe someday!

[quote name='bakersdozen12']I actually meant Bermuda, not Bahamas, in my first post. We might try the Boston to Bermuda cruise once, but it's not high on my "wish list." As far as the Canada cruise is concerned, I don't know about that one. We could easily drive there from NH. And most stop in Maine, which doesn't appeal to me at all given how many times I've been there. But who knows, maybe someday![/QUOTE]

I know the feels. We live in Western MA, have lived in Boston, and grew up in NH, visiting the coast of ME on annual family vacations, so NE/Canada cruises don't hold us in their thrall, shall we say. We've also spent time in Quebec visiting my husband's family. Foliage? ~yawn~
But, a short (5-day) cruise to Canada came up last minute, and we took it, since the price was very right and the timing coincided with my itch for a cruise, any cruise. We enjoyed it (in spite of the tropical storm we ended up sailing through). Was it our best, favorite cruise ever? Hardly. But it was perfectly fine. Would we do another? Maybe. I'll admit to being interested in the cruises that visit the more far-flung ports in Canada that are quite a trek to reach via car. So...maybe. :)