Children on Princess (Sun)

liznosnow

Hi !

Would like to hear from some of you who have traveled recently with your kids, (mine is 13 yrs.) preferably on the Sun. I am wondering if they found interesting things to do on sea days and evenings. Is there a teen lounge on the Sun and what does it offer if so? Thank much for any info.

Liz,

I just returned from a 10-day on the Sun. Altho my "kids'' are 18 and 21 now, I did not see a whole lot of younger kids on board. We joked that the majority of the passengers had a good 50 years on my daughter! Maybe it was just that cruise, that week....on our past cruises, there have been more youngsters of all ages. So I really can't comment of the kids programs for the Sun, as we hardly ever saw them!! There is a game room and there are kids programs on Princess which my kids somewhat enjoyed when they were younger. Debbie

While we have not sailed on the Sun, I can offer a perspective of my kids (11,13,16) experience on the EOS (RCCL) and the CP. The EOS did offer much more activities than on the CP, and our kids were not around very much, though they always ate dinner with us. But this was probable because we traveled with our friends, whose kids are the same age, thus they were able to do things together without breaking the ice with other "strangers".

That being said, when we sailed during Thanksgiving 2004, with just the 5 of us, our kids did not want to join the kids groups, and still maintained an active schedule. Our kids had a room next to ours, sat at the pool with us, dined with us as a family and done most shows with us. It was really nice to have the time together. Yes, it was more laid back than they would have prefered, but they were told this going different than the EOS. With the pool, hot tub, island excursions, dressing for dinner, kareoke, magicians, jugglers, MUTS, hypnotist, movies, soda cards, and food throughout, I only wish I had it so good when I was that age. When it was all said and done, and for whatever reason, they said that they preferred the CP to the EOS.

Archived