Constellation questions from Barcelona

calliecat

We have only sailed on Princess and now are contemplating doing the 14 day repositioning (or transatlantic) from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale in November.

Has anyone done this cruise? Do you have any pros or cons regarding this cruise? The price seems so good that feel that we would be crazy to not do it. We would be at sea for 7 days but that really doesn't bother us.

My travel agent quoted us a price for 2C Deluxe Ocean View Strm Veranda.

We want a balcony. Is this comparable to the Princess balcony rooms? We have been in balcony rooms on the Dolphin and Caribe decks and have also had mini-suites, which we loved but now will not be sailing with our son and don't feel we need the extra room.

What are the showers like the these veranda rooms? Are they as small as the ones on Princess?

Any thing else I might need to know....we are in our early 50's and are really

"social bugs" . We enjoy sitting on the balcony, roaming around the ship and going to the art auctions just to see what others will spend. My husband usually brings some beer on board to have in the room but we also do our fair share at the bar.

Any help would be appreciated,

We have done a couple transatlantic cruises and enjoy them. A westbound cruise is wonderful, as you gain an hour a day as you cross the Atlantic.

We also like crossings where all the ports are at the beginning of the cruise. You get to do all the tours at the beginning, and then have the sea days to rest. Once we did a cruise where we crossed first, and all the ports were on the Caribbean side; at the end of the cruise, we felt like we needed a few more days off to rest from all the activities we did at the ports of call.

Celebrity ships have a very good passenger/space ratio; the ships never feel crowded. If you are a non-smoker, you'll appreciate the non-smoking policy in the cabin balconies.

Constellation is a lovely ship. Hope you'll like her. Happy planning! :)

Thom

I would love to try a transatlantic cruise but my husband is concerned it will be too cold to enjoy the outside areas of the ship and that he will feel "cooped up" inside .

any idea what the weather would be like crossing the atlantic in November? any ideas how i can persuade him to give it a try??

According to other posts about this cruise, (we are booked on this sailing). Last year it was said the weather was warm and calm on the trip. The year before not as nice. Weather will always be a crap shoot no matter where you are! Average temps in Barcelona in November are in 60's last year 70's. We booked a cruise in the carribean and had crappy cool weather in feb. Next time would do a southern. Couldn't beat the price on the TA for concierge class. Looking forward to the extended trip and rest!

Good luck with you search! If you book ...join our roll call for this sailing.

Phil and Erica:)

The balcony rooms on the Connie are much nicer than those on the Crown Princess. We had a cabin on the caribe deck and aside from the extra large balcony were really disappointed in the cabin. The showers on X ships are definitely larger than those on princess.

One suggestion that I might make is that the CC class staterooms on the M class ships are somewhat larger than the standard verandahs (194 sq feet vs 170 sq feet); since you are going to be at sea for longer than on most cruises, you might want to take that into consideration when booking as the additional room may well justify the additional cost.

You will love Constellation, she is a wonderful ship, very comfortable and very well maintained with a great crew.

on the Century in Dec. '07 and had a great time! Super nice weather and calm seas...but always the luck of the draw! T/A's are usually very good values! We have since done 2 more and are doing one again next month. We love the sea days and enjoy meeting other CC members, playing Trivia, reading, sitting on the balcony etc. It is a wonderful way to enjoy the sea, new friends and each other! We too have sailed Princess and enjoy both lines...I think you will enjoy Celebrity! Go for it!! :D LuAnn

Archived