Carnival will not honor a price on their OWN web site!

applegam

yes, I see the price, and then when I click for details, so I can see what the criteria is for the price ... the price changes to $1099.

Unfortunately, I cant see the rate code you used to get there.

I didn't use any rate codes at all. Not PEB for ES or anything like that. That's why I cleared my history when I searched again to make sure nothing was saved from previous searches.

Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now other than to keep checking the rates...

I wonder what determines what price they are compelled to use. Could be considered a bait a switch I would think. It's not like it is showing the price is $94.90 and is an obviously wrong price. A reasonable person would think that is a legitimate price, especially since it is valid for MN.

I totally agree. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them and asked they if there was anything at all that they could do. I even bent a little bit and said I would take the senior rate they were seeing that was $999.00. And no. We are not seniors, but thought I would offer. But they would have nothing to do with it. The best they could offer me was some discount on another sailing out of a differernt port with differnt sail dates. Are you kidding me? I have 2 private excursions set up, airline tickets, hotel for the night before, and vacation scheduled at work. I can't change all of that with a week to go.

I totally agree. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them and asked they if there was anything at all that they could do. I even bent a little bit and said I would take the senior rate they were seeing that was $999.00. And no. We are not seniors, but thought I would offer. But they would have nothing to do with it. The best they could offer me was some discount on another sailing out of a differernt port with differnt sail dates. Are you kidding me? I have 2 private excursions set up, airline tickets, hotel for the night before, and vacation scheduled at work. I can't change all of that with a week to go.

They cant give you the senior rate. when you checked in at the pier, if it had the code PSE, they would check your age and charge you the difference. .. or so Im told they do check ages.

I thought you had to be on early saver to get any rate changes this late in the booking. What am I missing? Just curious what rate you booked at. I thought if you booked anything but early saver you were out of luck. If I am wrong please let me know. I want to know all my options too.

Candi

I opened the link and saw where the $949 rate shows but it's not for a category.

There's just the Freedom listed here with $949 for Balcony. When I click on past guest all of a sudden info for the Mracle appears and the price for the Freedom Balcony is $1099.

Now if I re-click past guest the price goes back down to $949. Same thing happens by clicking and re-clicking senior rate.

Now the Miracle is still showing. Why wasn't it showing to begin with?

(doo doo dooo dooo!)

I thought you had to be on early saver to get any rate changes this late in the booking. What am I missing? Just curious what rate you booked at. I thought if you booked anything but early saver you were out of luck. If I am wrong please let me know. I want to know all my options too.

Candi

I did book an ES rate for an inside cabin, but that shouldn't have anything to do with this. I'm just trying to pay the current going rate for a balcony. I'm willing to pay the extra difference - but Carnival won't take my $$ :D

I did book an ES rate for an inside cabin, but that shouldn't have anything to do with this. I'm just trying to pay the current going rate for a balcony. I'm willing to pay the extra difference - but Carnival won't take my $$ :D

I just counted 17 balconies still available! Keep an eye on those rates! :)

Have you tried getting that rate on another website- I'd see if I could pull it up there. They are supposed to have the same prices and cabins available as the official site. And I discovered today that if you change fare codes (senior to resident fares, for example) there are change penalties that they can charge you. I did that today and my PVP arranged for us not to be charged. Best of luck on this- if you leave that soon, maybe you'll get an upsell call and that will take care of that.

I would try again tomorrow. Looks like maybe there is a glitch in the system. I see the $949 and when you go to pick a cabin it switches to the higher price. It does not do that when I put in CO. Maybe they have sold out the resident rates from MI? But that website changes from minute to minute. I upgraded this afternoon and within about 10 minutes the prices had shifted around.

I just tried travelocity and MI doesn't show up with that fare- but CO does. Try calling the web support people at Carnival and report it as a glitch- a completely different department. That might work.

After rereading this I come to the conclusion and ask the question why does it matter?

The OP booked after final payment, not an ES fare and now wants an adjustment. Carnival is under no obligation to change his fare or move his cabin, irregardless of what fare he finds on the web site or anywhere else.

This is a fun exercise, but carnival can simply say, yes, we see it and no, you cannot have it, you are booked and that is how it is.

That's just it! The supervisor's supervisor's supervisor could not figure out why I'm seeing that rate. I can't dig any deeper than that. Plus I took out any/all special rate options when I searched. I just did it agian 5 minutes ago and it's the same number....... Again. After I sent them the screen shot, they didn't argue in what I was seeing. Just that it didn't match their system. Shouldn't Carnival's own web site match what the PVP's see?

OP, take a screenshot and post it here.

After rereading this I come to the conclusion and ask the question why does it matter?

The OP booked after final payment, not an ES fare and now wants an adjustment. Carnival is under no obligation to change his fare or move his cabin, irregardless of what fare he finds on the web site or anywhere else.

This is a fun exercise, but carnival can simply say, yes, we see it and no, you cannot have it, you are booked and that is how it is.

See post #33 in this thread. OP states they did book ES.

Steve

You can always upgrade and pay the difference between what you paid for your cabin and the rate for the upgraded cabin.

I am sailing on March 29. I called recently to inquire about upgrading to a balcony stateroom. They told me because I was early saver, I could not upgrade...

OP,

This happened to me last week. The Resident rate would show up on the main search page, but when I clicked on details it would so me past guest as a high price and no resident rate. I have Early Save, so I just filled out the form and sent it in with an explanation of why I couldn't see my catgy. They sent me an email back saying that I did get a drop and what it was for my catgy. They however, didn't explain why I couldn't see the rate for my catgy for the resident rate.

Good morning folks.......been reading this thread....I SEE IT TWO! Try calling back this morning and maybe you will get a different person to talk to.....

Yes, and I still see it as well. I may try calling back tonight - but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Archived