Question RE: AD Suites "Designed for Romance"

PottyMouth

How exactly are they designed for romance? I don't see any difference in the description of those suites vs. AE and AC (except for size of course). Just wondering if there are any differences. Or are they reserved for couples only, that sort of thing.

I will be cruising my son (5) so obviously I'm not looking for romance (ewwwww), but was just wondering what the differences are so I can figure out which suite category to book. (Yes, you all helped me make the decision I already wanted to :D)

Thanks! I'm so happy to have this board!!!

I will be cruising my son (5) so obviously I'm not looking for romance (ewwwww), but was just wondering what the differences are so I can figure out which suite category to book. (Yes, you all helped me make the decision I already wanted to :D)

Will it be just the two of you, or your spouse, too? The reason I asks is that very few suites, at this time, are for more than 2 people. the reason I qualified that statement with "at this time" is that yesterday I read that NCL is rethinking that low figure of 2, and are putting some sofa beds in some suites. Can't wait to find out which ones, and WHEN.

The difference is that the queen bed does not separate into 2 singles, so it is really only for romantic couples.

isn't it the same in the AE's and AC's? It really doesn't make sense that they don't have twin beds in those suites as it limits who can book them.

cat_AD.gif Romance Suite

Designed for romance, these suites include a living area, private balcony, dining area, bedroom with queen-size bed and luxury bath and shower. Butler service and concierge available.

Travelling with a 5 yr. old can definitely put a crimp into any marketers dream about what a romance suite is. The romance suite is similar to other suites but promoted with a sense of intimacy. Your 5 yr. old will be welcome but God bless you for figuring out how to embrace the suite's title.

PS- with both butler service and concierge available to make your trip perfect, I am sure you will have a great sail.

No spouse so that's not really an issue - I was just trying to figure out WHY they call it a romance suite given that the description is exactly the same as the other two I mentioned.

I like the idea of having an aft suite, but the AE is a couple hundred more per person which just seems a little wacky. I could use the saving for a really fun excursion!

No spouse so that's not really an issue - I was just trying to figure out WHY they call it a romance suite given that the description is exactly the same as the other two I mentioned.

I like the idea of having an aft suite, but the AE is a couple hundred more per person which just seems a little wacky. I could use the saving for a really fun excursion!

From other threads on this board, I believe that at one time the so-called "Romance Suite" came with some other things like chocolate covered strawberries, stuff like that. It doesn't now and the name is silly. On the ship and in other places, NCL seems to be phasing out the name and going more to "penthouse."

I was just in an AD suite on the Jade. The critical thing to know, as others have said, is that the bed is a full queen bed, not two twins pushed together. It can't be separated into two beds. (BTW, it was a wonderfully comfortable bed!)

On the Jade (and I believe the other "Jewel" class ships), the interior of the AD is the same as that of the AE, but the balcony is MUCH larger. (Room to spare with two loungers, two regular chairs, and a small table.) And it's on a higher deck (with only cabins above and below).

It was a fantastic stateroom. But if having the larger balcony and being on a higher deck don't matter that much to you, then you'll probably be fine with the AE.

Enjoy your trip!

I think the term "romance" is just a marketing gimmick.
Having most recently had an AE on the Dawn and then an AD on the Jewel, I rather agree with this. There were no particularly striking differences between them.

And after an AC on the Sun, both were a little disappointing.

Archived