Price so low it's almost free!

gargoyle999

I wish I could! The only recent time I was able to sail in that season was last November, and boy was the price nice.

Yep, the cruiselines really mark up the spring break, summer and holiday sailings. I don't even look at cruises during those times.

They know folks are stuck and the demand is way up!!!!

$100/pp/pd for interior would be highway robbery!!

We're cruising on the Legend next month, during spring break, with an EXTENDED balcony, and we're paying $101/pp/pd, all taxes and fees included.

Granted, this is net price after a couple of ES price drops, factoring in the OBC we've received. But even our original price was only $112/person/day.

4k on the Miracle 8 day in October.. 4 people.. 572 per person..or $71 per person, per day include port charges. Classified as inside, but actually an outside, on a higher floor than an OV with French doors that open! No Balcony, only 'sort of a view'..but the pro's far outweigh the cons!!!

Ocean Suite during Feb school vacation 7 days on the Valor $113pp x 3

We really wanted to try out RCCL but couldn't pass up a Suite on Carnival compared to a closet size balcony on the FOS with RCCL.

We have always had a blast on Carnival so here we go again!!

$52.70, $64.28 and 76.19 per day, thats the price for our next 3 cruises includes tax/fee. The gratuities will be done on ship account. These are porthole based on $229 - 5 day, $389 - 7 day and $449 - 7 day. Good prices and great itineraries too! We will also have at least $250 obc and some free drinks too!

The 7 day we are looking at is 50.47 pp/pd for inside, 59.52 pp/pd for OV and 72.38 pp/pd for balcony. That includes all taxes and port charges. But it also takes into account the $100 OBC we were offered.

I never thought to figure it up like that before and now my 428 total for 2 people in PT on Sensation 3 day last Sept. doesn't seem like it was such a good deal at 76 pp/pd....oh well, I don't care...I needed the break and it was fun!

According to this article, CC editor-in-chief says you shouldn't pay more than $100/pp per day for an inside cabin. Guess the $51/pp I'm paying for my inside on the Splendor next Feb is a steal! :p

oh...and I guess the deals are going away. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/18/finding.cruise.deals/index.html?hpt=C2

wow, $100/pp per day seems high to me too. $53.25 including taxes here.

OUCH!! :eek: Hope the "complimentary" champagne was worth it.

I couldn't even get to the champagne because there were so many people. But it was still a lot of fun, and I actually really enjoyed that cruise, it was one of the best cruises I had been on.

Bingo!

Try looking at sailings when the kids are in school. Jan/Feb, April/May, Sept - Nov and early Dec.

I wish I could go during those times, but my schedule is not flexible as far as when I'm off. I am off during the Christmas holidays, and a couple weeks in the summer. So I'm pretty much stuck paying high prices to go anywhere. That's why when I see a balcony for $900 per person for the week, I think it's a great price, because I'm used to seeing so much more. I don't even bother pricing cruises during the off season because seeing the price difference just makes me rather depressed, so I just ignore it and pretend that it's not any cheaper going a week or 2 earlier, and that we all pay the same price week after week :o

Interesting read. I have to disagree with this statement at the end of the article:

"Most of the cruise lines have gotten out of the practice of forcing you to sit down to dinner with people you don't know, which I think is the most barbaric custom ever created."

Barbaric?? What that person smoking?

[quote name='nbsjcruiser']Barbaric?? What that person smoking?[/quote]

I laughed when I read that part of the article. But it was because I hated the diner seating when I went on my first cruise. Just not my thing. Maybe "barbaric" is a bit of an overstatement. But not much! :p

Archived