Liberty review - Western, Feb. 7 - with photos

Badlands99

IMG_2253.jpg

repro.jpg

I'm just sayin'

OMFG!

Hardest I've laughed at a post on CC in a long time (well, ever....)

The review was insightful AND hilarious. Hope to find you on a ship with my crowd sometime in the future (perhaps Liberty on 5/30/10?)

Badlands...

I have to tell you - we are not going on either your ship or on your same itinerary, and I stayed up way past my bedtime to read your entire review and enjoy all your wonderful pictures. Your perspectives are so amusing.

Thanks for sharing!

You definitely had me laughing late last night when I was catching up with the review. Thank you for the Compasses!!! I know they change week to week but I like seeing what they have done recently.

Less than 30 days until our cruise, can't wait!

hi
my wife and i were also on the liberty for the 2/7 sailing. we had a great time even though the weather wasn't always great. your review is bring back good memories that had all ready begun to fade.
i have a question about nachi cocom. we had booked it prior to leaving and i didn't really do my homework on the cruise itinerary. i didn't realize we were only in port from 7-4 which is really 6-3 cozumel time. nachi is open from 9-5 so i didn't think we'd be able to get our moneys worth at the resort. we ended up canceling from the ship. do you think it was worth the $$$ for a short stay at nachi?
thx

The Arcade on this ship is impressive. There are lots of really cool looking games. I could have easily spent a thousand dollars in this place. Many of the games were expensive to play, like $1 to $2 per credit.

The greatest video game series of all time was well represented here, with a giant screen and thundering audio. It's called House of the Dead. This is zombie killing at it's finest. Although some of you parents may mistakenly see this as an improvement, I was disappointed to learn that zombies no longer bleed, explode, or lose limbs when you shoot them. Now they appear to flash with lightning or something, as though you electrocuted them instead of shooting them with a machine gun. I'll forgive the game designers though, because they've added a nice hand grenade option that takes out a small crowd of zombies. You know, for when you get in a jam.

[IMG]http://michaelsmojo.com/liberty_2010/resources/images/medium/IMG_2209.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://michaelsmojo.com/liberty_2010/resources/images/medium/IMG_2208.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://michaelsmojo.com/liberty_2010/resources/images/medium/IMG_2207.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='gcphil']Great pics and review. We will be on this ship with this itinerary in April. You are making me wish I was there right now! Quick question regarding times in port. We are scheduled to be docked in Cozumel from 7AM to 4PM. Was that also your schedule? If so was that local time or Miami time? What time did you have to be back on the ship? Additionally we are scheduled to be tendering in Grand Cayman from 10AM to 6PM. Sames questions. I am trying to book private excursions in those two ports and I am really concerned about the times. Thanks.
[FONT=Century Schoolbook][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Howdy and thank you for the compliments.

The ship stays on EST or "Miami Time" for the whole trip. Take a look at those Cruise Compasses for all of the arrival and departure times. If you still have some questions, just ask. I'll try to answer.

[quote name='siamcamp']i have a question about nachi cocom. we had booked it prior to leaving and i didn't really do my homework on the cruise itinerary. i didn't realize we were only in port from 7-4 which is really 6-3 cozumel time. nachi is open from 9-5 so i didn't think we'd be able to get our moneys worth at the resort. we ended up canceling from the ship. do you think it was worth the $$$ for a short stay at nachi?
thx[/QUOTE]

You know, I'm not sure if I read this here, or if I'm just making an assumption on this, but I think the people who run excursions and places like Nochi Cocum work their schedules around the ships. I certainly would if I were them.

Anyway, when we arrived at Nochi Cocum it was about 8am local time, and we were not the first guests there. There were a couple of guys working and we were welcomed in and set up with a palapa and were told that we could pay as soon as the manager arrived. We left about 2pm or so (ship time). I guess that made our time there about five hours total. That was plenty for me, but my wife probably would have stayed a bit longer.

I noticed that every time I book an excursion I'm asked what ship I'm on. I assume they ask that so they'll have an idea of what time people will start arriving.

I'm sorry you missed out on a great day at the beach. You'll just have to book another cruise and try again ;-)

[quote name='judie43']Badlands...you are one funny guy...I even laughed at the picture of your contraband wine and iron !! Thanks for the extemely well written review. You may have missed your calling. I usually skim though reviews but I read every single word.
Even more excited about our upcoming Liberty cruise.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mdrobtx']Anyways, that was one of the best freakin reviews I've read. I was laughing my ass off. Great humor.
Amybeth4 and Badlands99, thanks.
We're going on Liberty on Memorial Day weekend for my 50th B-day. You both have already made the wait even more exciting. Thanks.
Michael.........[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for reading my review!

[quote name='mdrobtx']Like to engage the peeps around the table to include giving them nicknames encouraged by their appearance, verbal assaults or bets. I do it in a calm way and within a few minutes the other players usually pick up on the theme and we have a lot of fun jacking with each other.
After a few nights we kinda know each other and the losses don't seem as bad, maybe.............:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I wish you had been at the table with me on my cruise. Sounds like fun!
I'm probably not smart enough to keep up with the game AND "engage the peeps" at the same time. I'm usually pretty quiet. I'll have to step it up a bit next time.

[quote name='srafnel']Great review!
Good idea on the contraband wine. Might have to try that in May :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thxmom']Badlands...this has to be one of the best reviews I've read! Thanks for the taking the time to post and your pictures are gorgeous. Thanks also for recognizing the WWII veteran and his wife...that touched my heart.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='amyphil']Thank you for the great review!!!! My husband and I are going on our first cruise in July. From reading you review I feel so much more relaxed about the ship. My husband is also a music lover and was very happy to hear about the "live" music....too much recorded stuff.
Can't wait to read the compass. If you'd rather e-mail instead of posting, just let us know. I'll be happy to supply my e-mail address.
Again,thanks
Amy:):)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
I've learned so much from the rest of you all here at CC that I'm glad to finally be able to contribute something.

[quote name='SecretSK']Have you looked into the waterproof cases for your Canon? My husband has purchased cases for both of our Canon cameras and they really work well. They're not exactly cheap, but they allow full functionality of the camera and the pictures turn out very clear.

Thanks for the great review and pictures!! [/QUOTE]

I did check into the waterproof housings for a couple of my cameras, but with the expense and the added bulk, I just didn't think it was worth it for my purposes. Our suitcases were crying uncle as it was, I don't know if I could have found room for something like that. I considered one of those cheap bag-type cases, but chickened out of that, too. Maybe your husband will loan me one of his housings for my next cruise? :-)

[quote name='depplep']Badlands99,
Can you go on another cruise soon so that we can have more pictures and another review? I'm thinking Hawaii or Europe. Your call.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me! I'll take Hawaii. Now if you'll just forward to me your credit card information, I'll see to it that you get a thorough review of "our" cruise :->

[quote name='srafnel']Hardest I've laughed at a post on CC in a long time (well, ever....)

The review was insightful AND hilarious. Hope to find you on a ship with my crowd sometime in the future (perhaps Liberty on 5/30/10?)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bandit614']Badlands...

I have to tell you - we are not going on either your ship or on your same itinerary, and I stayed up way past my bedtime to read your entire review and enjoy all your wonderful pictures. Your perspectives are so amusing.
Thanks for sharing![/QUOTE]

Thank you all for the comments and for reading my scattered thoughts!

[quote name='jlovely']Thank you for the Compasses!!! I know they change week to week but I like seeing what they have done recently.

Less than 30 days until our cruise, can't wait![/QUOTE]

[quote name='amyphil']Thanks so much for the compass...it was a big help.
Amy:)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bobbigrl27']Thanks for the compasses! Now I really can't wait for our cruise in April. I wish we were leaving tomorrow!!!

BTW, the comparison picture was hilarious! :D[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.
Thanks for the kind comments.
I hope you all have a great cruise and enjoy your "planning stage," too.

[quote name='momofmab']Hilarious and informative review - thank you!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for reading!

[quote name='mariaw8889']Badlands99, As much as I admire Amybeth, you just stole the Liberty review tiara with the reproductive organs analogy. priceless. Wear it proudly![/QUOTE]

Ha! So if, for some reason, I am unable to fulfill my duties, AmyBeth will continue the reign as first runner up? I don't know about that. Her review went day-to-day and had a TON of detail and you can just tell she is a delightful person, whereas I'm a miserable bastard. Thank you for the comments!

[quote name='Pollensalta']Thanks for this great review! I am going on the Liberty on March 7th and this is the exact same itinerary I am doing. I have done 4 Carnival cruises but never a RCCL cruise, and we wanted to try them out. It looks like a great time![/QUOTE]

I'm willing to wager that you'll like RCCL. I've never tried Carnival. There's lots of ships out there to sail on, if only my budget would allow me to visit all of them. I'd be one happy dude. Thank you for the comments!

Muahaha... You thought this review was over, didn't you? If I have my way, I will continue to share my disconnected thoughts on this cruise until the moment I book another one. And since I'm broke, that could take a while.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd mention something that I learned about our stateroom. When we were packing up our junk on the last night of the cruise, I noticed one of the drawers wouldn't close all the way. I got down low and reached way back in and behind the bottom drawer. If you try this, it helps to have an extra elbow. I found some panties and socks that had fallen behind the drawer. Just for grins I checked the bottom drawer on the other side and found some panty hose and some more socks. Only half of the stuff was ours. So be careful and don't let the drawers eat your drawers.

Badlands99, thank you for so much wonderful info. Your description of the arcade lent instant credibility to cruisecritic in the eyes of DS13 . . . "They talk about House of the Dead on cruisecritic . . . cool . . . I wanna meet this guy!!!" Bummer that the games are pricey but no surprise there. (actually, I'm thrilled they're pricey, makes for less time there;))
ps Hope you've let Mom know of your cruisecritc fame, you done her proud.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR postings re: Liberty. You are funny and should write for a living (if you don't already)... I'm still reading. THANK U THANK U!!!!! I'm "following you"...not a stalking thing I hope, but a way to see all your posts. he he he.. JENNA (& JOHN)

Archived