"Sweet 16" 2C Veranda vs. C3 Conceirge Class Veranda on Summit (or similar ships)

ggChewy

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice from folks that have stayed in these cabins. I have a group of 12 traveling to S. Caribbean on the Summit and I'm coordinating the trip. We are all currently booked in adjacent "Sweet 16" 2C cabins on the Penthouse Deck.

Just recently, the prices changed a little and the aft side facing C3 cabins on the 7th and 8th decks are now only $50 difference per person. For example, On 7th deck, these are cabins 7182-7200. 8th deck, 8148 - 8162. Now I'm weighing if we should change to these. While all are interested in saving some money, it seems that there are a lot of nice benefits to switching:

- better location - seems aft is more desired. Closer to MDR and other night activities. Our cruise is very port intensive and I don't think we'll use the spa much

- slightly larger rooms

- table on balcony (though balcony is smaller)

- CC perk (they are nice to have perks and popular with the ladies in our group, but I think I weigh the other benefits higher)

I'm leaning toward recommending the switch, but wanted to hear from people who have experienced the cabins to confirm my thoughts.

Thanks!

Grey

Initially I thought you had the aft facing C-1's which would be best.

We've stayed in a Sweet 16 cabin. While the larger balcony is nice I still think I'd prefer the CC room due to the slightly cabin size.

I don't think location is a big difference. Having the larger table on the balcony is nice if you're ever going to have breakfast out there, although it makes for a slightly crowded balcony. But it is hard to dine on the smaller low tables.

The perks are Ok, but in my opinion not worth making the decision for on their own. But with the prices close to the same they are nice.

If it were me - I'd go for the CC rooms.

What is the difference in balcony size on the C1-C3 and the CC? The aft cabins facing the wake....are those the CC?

The C1's on the M-Class ships are all on the aft section of the ship with the exception of four C1 cabins placed in among the Suites on Deck 6. You can see them on the deck plans. Here's a picture to show the size of the balconies. Note that the two end on the port and starboard sides of the aft are family verandas, not C1's. The C3's are all normal size balconies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1111541

Thanks for the advice everyone. For only $50 per person, we decided to make the switch and to go with the CC rooms. We opted for cabins 8162-8154.

The Celebrity site is fuzzy about the additional Captains Club Credit. Is that for all CC rooms (C3-C1)? And what exactly do you get? Double credit?

Thanks!

Grey

Thanks for the link on the aft cabins on the M class. Wow...they really are huge! The Summit C1 aft cabins are priced so much more than the C1 aft cabins on the Solstice, is it because the the cabin and balconies are much bigger?:confused:

...The Celebrity site is fuzzy about the additional Captains Club Credit. Is that for all CC rooms (C3-C1)? And what exactly do you get? Double credit?...

You get one extra credit for booking a CC or Suite. So on a cruise less than 12 nights you get 2 credits in total if you are in a CC or suite. On a cruise of 12 nights or longer you'd get a total of three credits (the most possible on a single cruise) if you are in a CC or suite.

Thanks for the link on the aft cabins on the M class. Wow...they really are huge! The Summit C1 aft cabins are priced so much more than the C1 aft cabins on the Solstice, is it because the the cabin and balconies are much bigger?:confused:

The M-class aft facing cabins are desirable and have large verandas. The aft facing cabins on the S-class have standard width verandas and, in my opinion, are not desirable as they have no covering, soot issues, and issues of water cascading onto them when verandas above are being washed down (due to the lack of covering).

Archived