Who do I call for help?

Jimsgirl

I have a flight booked by Cunard with US Air, the schedule only allows me 60 mins to land at Philly 8.22p.m. get from Domestic terminal to International and get to gate, to catch my plane to London at 9.25 p.m.

If my plane from Fort Myers arrives late, and I miss the flight to London from whom can I expect help? US Air or Cunard? After all I will not be to blame,

I actually asked Cunard particulally for "plenty of time" at Philly , I am a senior and cannot run like H**l down the terminals. I have been told "60 mins is ample time between flights"!!!!!!!!

My agent is away on vacation and will not be back for two weeks, the thought of missing my flight is causing me a great deal of worry. I am going the day before the cruise and have a Hotel booked in London, but I still am anxious about being stuck in Philly until heaven knows when.

When are you flying? I can't see any flights corresponding to the times you give, but I do see a summer schedule flight that lands in Philly at 7.22 pm and then a flight from Philly to London at 8.25 pm. Are those the actual times of your flights, and are you flying during the summer schedule (ie after 26 March)?

If you're on a single ticket for all sectors of your journey (which you ought to be), then you're US Airways' responsibility if you misconnect because of a delay inbound to Philly.

If your onward flight is at 8.25 pm, and the delay is big enough for you to miss that but not much more, then there's a chance that they might try to put you on the late British Airways flight (9.05 pm every night except Friday, when it's 9.30 pm).

But if you miss that, then it looks like you're in for an overnight stay, and possibly an attempt to get you on a day flight from Washington or New York the next morning (again, it'll be a different airline), or else it'll basically be a 24 hour delay. It's rare, though, for something like that to happen.

I have had that happen also 1 hour between international flights.. Just have the gate agent call for the motorized car and they ride you from one gate to the other.

Don,t even try to walk.

Happy cruising.

If my plane from Fort Myers arrives late, and I miss the flight to London from whom can I expect help? US Air or Cunard? After all I will not be to blame
Depending on why your flight from Fort Myers is late, it is very possible that no one is to blame. Most delays are weather-related, and therefore are beyond anyone's control or responsibility.

Without a doubt, on the ground in Philadelphia, US Airways is your best bet for getting assistance. However, even better, should something go wrong with your arrangements, you'd probably be even better-off calling your travel agent on your cell phone (if you used one) for assistance, or barring that, calling US Airways reservations rather than waiting in a queue for assistance by the folks in the terminal in Philadelphia. The seat you need on an alternate flight to London could be given away to someone else as you stand in queue waiting for assistance.

Thanks everyone. Globaliser, I am not computer savvy, so have not checked myself, The times are those on a schedule sent to me by Cunard, my flight is April 30th,( which will be summer schedule I suppose). I am supposed to stay night of May 1st in London and travel to Southampton May 2nd by Cunard bus.

I realise I am unlikely to miss the cruise, but travelling alone, and having paid almost $500 for a hotel in London I do not want to spend the night sitting on a hard chair at Philly (or spend yet more money on hotel and taxis there)

I have written to Cunard, but the staff there pretend there is no problem, "one hour is more than enough time to get from one gate to another" It seems no one at Cunard realises that travellers have to get between terminals not just gates

If I require an electric cart, should I ask for that when I check the reservation and again when I book in, or ask the cabin steward on the plane when we are on final approach to Philly? Must confess that silly as it sounds to Cunard I really am concerned (USAir is not financially stable to start with), and the last time I flew (fortunately on my way home), at the "hub airport" the gate was changed on me three times, the plane was "mechanically faulted" and when repaired there was "no crew". I finally got airborne three hours late, and at home airport my limo had decided to leave. What a mess that flight was, some flyers tried the emergency number but there was no one there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who replied, I E Mailed Cunard and my TA saying it was ESSENTIAL to have the electric cart at arrival due to time constaints, and guess what, finally it was realised that the time allowance was just too tight (especially with all the "problems" with USAir and with Philly Airport - it was "out" again this past weekend)

My TA has just called, great relief, Cunard have changed my flight , I am now going Delta with the change of plane at Atlanta, and 90 mins to get from Domestic to International even allowing for "slippage" that is "do-able" I will still take a cart if one is available but if not I will be able to do it on my own. I did turn down a wheelchair, I do not feel I have a right to occupy one of those at this time. See "my heart is in the right place "even if it does not work too well these days. - just like my car !!!!

I will be thrilled to be "down to the sea again" - Only 4 weeks to the Horizon, then when I get back only another 6 weeks to the QE2, Life is sweet.

I am happy for you that Cunard came through. :) I have flown Internationally through Philly for hopefullythe last time on US Airways. We used them several times because of accumulated frequent flyer miles, and EVERY time we wond up with serious delays, including missed connections in Paris that cost us several hundred dollars in change fees since the connecting airline was not US Airways. One time we had a 3 hour delay because "the plane had to be cleaned." As far as electric carts, we always use them for Mother-in-law- just ask the gate agent when you disembark the plane and they will call one for you.

Archived