STAR*SUN-Similar/Different?

STARFISH*4

would LOVE to hear from those that have sailed on both ships and what you liked and didnt like comparing the two!

what i really know of a difference between the two...is that the STAR has the BLUE LAGOON and the SUN doesnt:(

i have been on the STAR 4 times/Spirit once and the Jewel the most recent voyage...OVERALL my favorite is the STAR....

looking forward to sailing another ship in the NCL fleet and ANXIOUS to hear about the SUN as it compares to the STAR!!

THANKS EVERYONE;)

The Norwegian Sun was the first ship actually built for Freestyle cruising. It is just about the same age as the Star ... but a smaller ship.

We've been on both ships and have things we like about each of them.

We enjoy the little smaller ship and also our favorite restaurant is on the Sun ... Pacific Heights. Il Adagio on the Sun is also spectacular!

We love the MiniSuites on the Star ... the Sun does not have them.

We are very much looking forward to our 26-day B2B on the Sun coming up in September. :D

~dianne

The Norwegian Sun was the first ship actually built for Freestyle cruising. It is just about the same age as the Star ... but a smaller ship.

We've been on both ships and have things we like about each of them.

We enjoy the little smaller ship and also our favorite restaurant is on the Sun ... Pacific Heights. Il Adagio on the Sun is also spectacular!

We love the MiniSuites on the Star ... the Sun does not have them.

We are very much looking forward to our 26-day B2B on the Sun coming up in September. :D

~dianne

Hi' date=' Dianne!! Dianne was just getting off the Sun when we were getting on her in 2006.

There definitely are mini-suites on the Sun, although they are identified as AEs rather than AFs as they are on the Star/Dawn/Jewel etc. But, they're definitely minisuites at minisuite pricing (which means without the full suite amenities). We were in one aft, just under the Great Outdoors Cafe, and it was much larger than the minisuites on the Star. You can see some of my photos of the cabin using this link.

I love the Great Outdoors Cafe on the Sun, which is not on the Star. And, as Dianne said, Il Adagio is a wonderful little Italian restaurant that is different from anything else in the NCL fleet. If you use the link above, photos of Il Adagio are on page 2.

Las Ramblas is another cute little cafe on the Sun that isn't on any other ship. In the mornings, they used to serve different breakfast items in the Sports Bar and in Las Ramblas, so if you sail on her, be sure to check those out. Las Ramblas also serves the best sangria!

We've been on the Sun for three cruises, and she's a great little ship, and the "little" part is what I like about her.

Hi, Dianne!! Dianne was just getting off the Sun when we were getting on her in 2006.

There definitely are mini-suites on the Sun, although they are identified as AEs rather than AFs as they are on the Star/Dawn/Jewel etc. But, they're definitely minisuites at minisuite pricing (which means without the full suite amenities). We were in one aft, just under the Great Outdoors Cafe, and it was much larger than the minisuites on the Star. You can see some of my photos of the cabin using this link.

I love the Great Outdoors Cafe on the Sun, which is not on the Star. And, as Dianne said, Il Adagio is a wonderful little Italian restaurant that is different from anything else in the NCL fleet. If you use the link above, photos of Il Adagio are on page 2.

Las Ramblas is another cute little cafe on the Sun that isn't on any other ship. In the mornings, they used to serve different breakfast items in the Sports Bar and in Las Ramblas, so if you sail on her, be sure to check those out. Las Ramblas also serves the best sangria!

We've been on the Sun for three cruises, and she's a great little ship, and the "little" part is what I like about her.

Hey, A! How are you???? Wanna go to Norwegian Sea with us in September? Woooo Hooooo!

Yeppers ... of course you're right about the minis ... Wish NCL would fix that clitch on the Sun and just call the AE's what they are ... :rolleyes:

~d

THANKS Adele and Dianne!!

are there soft-ice cream machines in the cafe?

hubby NEEDs to know....ping pong tables on board?

i knew that the SUN was the first ship for FREESTYLE...thats what we LOVE so much about NCL and that it was smaller than the STAR but they just seemed similar

i take it too that the BUFFET in the Sun is like the set-up in the STAR,

which we didnt mind but LIKED the stations more on the Jewel

is the theater smaller?

i got ALOT of time to research and all just to ANXIOUS to find out what i can....you would think it was my first cruise or something, but i seem to always be in that CRUISE MODE:D......

THANKS AGAIN;)

are there soft-ice cream machines in the cafe?

hubby NEEDs to know....ping pong tables on board?

i knew that the SUN was the first ship for FREESTYLE...thats what we LOVE so much about NCL and that it was smaller than the STAR but they just seemed similar

which we didnt mind but LIKED the stations more on the Jewel

is the theater smaller?

i got ALOT of time to research and all just to ANXIOUS to find out what i can....you would think it was my first cruise or something, but i seem to always be in that CRUISE MODE:D......

THANKS AGAIN;)

I can't remember anything about ice cream (I try to stay away from the stuff :(), but the buffet is like the Star's. I wish they'd tear those out and do them like the Jewel's.

The theater is probably a little smaller, only I'm not aware of the differences. It seemed plenty big to me. The atirum is quite different on the Sun. You might be able to see that in the link I provided.

As far as ping pong tables, don't know. Our cruises were two Pacific Coastals and Alaska, so we didn't venture outside much. Dianne did a Panama Canal on the Sun, so perhaps she'll know.

I'd love to go on another Sun cruise, but now that she's on the East Coast, it will have to wait for awhile.

are there soft-ice cream machines in the cafe? We were on the Sun before they had added them fleet-wide. SOOOO ... I would say YES to soft-serve (w/o really knowing for sure)

hubby NEEDs to know....ping pong tables on board? Yes to Ping Pong

which we didnt mind but LIKED the stations more on the Jewel. Agreed! Wish they would make the stations on the Star, Sun, Sky and ALL of them!

is the theater smaller? YES! Plus, it's in the aft ... not forward. Instead of the large stadium seating (as on the Star), it's more of a club setting with individual seats that can be moved and long bench seats.

i got ALOT of time to research and all just to ANXIOUS to find out what i can....you would think it was my first cruise or something, but i seem to always be in that CRUISE MODE:D...... I know how that is!! :rolleyes:

THANKS AGAIN;)

Have a great cruise!

again THANKS

and i ENJOYED the pics!!!

i think probably the only thing that will be MISSED is the BLUE LAGOON...hubby does LOVE those chicken strips and wings but he ate less at the BL on the Jewel (didnt like the set-up--lacked the CHARM of the STAR or Spirit) so i think he might be able to 'handle' not having...maybe.....lol....

I agree with all the previous posters positive comments about SUN. The one thing that I haven't seen mentioned is the Great Outdoor Cafe. Rather than the gym or spa at the stern on the pool deck as on STAR, the buffet continues all the way to the stern on SUN and there is a wonderful shaded deck with tables. We ate almost our breakfasts and most lunches here. I missed having a comfortable, not poolside place to dine. If you have been on Jade, it is very similar. I wish all ships had such a space.

Archived