Daily fruit in the cabin?

BoughtMyPoints

You have to order it in advance via the special services area once you have booked your cruise. That is what I did in 2008 and have done again this time around.

Are you referring to the paid for fruit in the cabin, replenished daily or to the complimentary fruit that used to be customary on most lines. I was asking about the latter.

The in-cabin complimentary fruit is only for suites and Costa Club members.

Thank you for the response.

As my last Costa cruise was 20 years ago, I attempted yesterday to make sure I have Costa Club status for my forthcoming cruise. As the cruise was booked through a UK web-site (though 100% American staffed!), I had to deal with UK Costa customer service. They wanted "proof" of my having sailed Costa before. Somehow I found a snap shot of my snoozing away on a deckchair with a life preserver embossed "Daphne - Panama". So I think I am in!

As I found out, the Costa Club entitlement is for a single basket on departure date, not a daily one. Also the basket did not contain the nice exotic fruits and berries quoted on the Costa site but instead had apples and oranges.

I have to try to recall the deferences between Costa and MSC, but I seem to recall that on Costa when we've had a suite the fruit was replenished daily. In a normal cabin as a Costa Club member, it was replenished every few days. On my MSC cruise last month, my MSC Club fruit was replenished two or three times. The exotic fruits and berries deal is a package that you order prior to boarding. From my observations, the buffet on both lines always had plenty of fresh fruit available, depending on the season I think. If you order a fruit plate in the MDR it's usually served sliced, melon, apple, etc.

On the Costa website, the cost of the fruit basket with daily replenishment is £32. Is that for the whole cruise? Also do I need to get my own visa for India or do Costa deal with all visas for you?

This is from the UK Costa site:

Fruit basket refilled every day up to 7 days cruise

The new fruit basket includes the following items :

1 pear

1 apple

1 mangoz

1 papaya

1 banana

2 kiwi

6 strowberries

Assorted berries.

Fruit basket refilled every day more than 7 days cruise

The new fruit basket includes the following items:

1 pear

1 apple

1 mango

1 papaya

1 banana

2 kiwi

6 strowberries

Assorted berries.

You will need to get your own Indian visa (takes about a week by post), here is the info from the Costa Web site:

Asia - For India a Tourist Visa Multiple Entry is required: this visa is not obtainable on board, so our guests must get it in advance before departure, contacting the Indian Consular Authority.

Ron

On the Costa website, the cost of the fruit basket with daily replenishment is £32. Is that for the whole cruise? Also do I need to get my own visa for India or do Costa deal with all visas for you?

You must get the India visa yourself before you travel to your cruise embarkation point or you will be denied boarding. Costa only provide visas in countries that allow visa on arrival...India DOES NOT do this, so you need to apply for one...mine took 4 days to process + a day each side for posting.

Archived