Vision recent cruisers?

39august

39: We went Nov. 28 - Dec. 5. I thought ship was in great shape. The wine package was offered, we opted to just order a bottle at dinner though. The food was okay. I ended up ordering red meat most nights, as nothing else appealed to me. I did have the Sea Bass one night and it was very good. It took about 3 tries to get my steak cooked right (not all on same night, I roll with the flow) I ordered medium rare, I like to see pink, waiter said it would be bloody, so I ordered medium, too brown for me. Finally just ordered medium rare and it was perfect. Room service breakfast was good. Never ate lunch in the dining room, just had burgers, hot dogs and pizza from the solarium mid day. It was ok. The french fries were very good. The crew was very attentive and friendly. They seem to like Captain George alot. I guess he actually interacts with the staff, himself (instead of a middleman) and listens to them.

We were on the 1/2/05 sailing of the Vision. I posted a long comment about a week ago on this board, and a few other recent cruisers have posted also.

Short answers: The food was very good in the dining room, and the service was excellent. We ate all dinners, most breakfasts, and two lunches in the dining room and they were all good. The room service breakfasts and chocolate chip cookies were also very good. I did not care for the Windjammer -- it's buffet food (but the baked goods and desserts were always good). But lots of people ate there, so shop around and find what suits your tastes.

The wine package was offered, but we didn't get it. The smallest is a five bottle package and there are three levels. The cheapest one was about $125 for five bottles and the choices at that level were basic (mediocre). One night we ordered a single bottle from their wine list (with included tip about $45, at least twice the store price) and other nights we brought our own bottles to the dining room. Definitely a better selection at a better price if you bring your own and pay the corkage fee, but we weren't charged the fee, which was even better yet. We wrapped our bottles in bubble wrap and large ziploc bags, had one in each suitcase and one in a carryon, and had no problem bringing them onboard. (And I am quite sure our other onboard purchases adequately compensated RCCL.)

The ship was in good condition in the public areas and our stateroom, a JS.

It was a wonderful cruise. Hope you have a great time.

Hi all ,I am heading out on the Vision April 03 and was wondering if you had heard about the drink package (sodas,coffee and liquor). If so do you know the price and also what is the average cost of drinks on board. Also is thier a liquor store on board that you can buy liquor from to drink in your cabin. Thanks

Hi all ,I am heading out on the Vision April 03 and was wondering if you had heard about the drink package (sodas,coffee and liquor). If so do you know the price and also what is the average cost of drinks on board. Also is thier a liquor store on board that you can buy liquor from to drink in your cabin. Thanks

ML: Yes they have a soda card, not sure how much it is for adults. The coffee is free. At this time I believe they only have the wine package, not a liqour package. Yes, there is a liquor store on board with some very good pricing. The only problem is they hold it for you until the last evening, unless you pay an extra $9.50 per bottle to take it back to your stateroom. I would say the average price per drink would be $5.25. Beer was about $3.00 for domestic. Hope I answered some of your questions.

Archived