Pearl 2/13/10 Washy washy happy happy

familyof4cruising

now I have another question: if you had to choose just one, which of these restaurants would you choose?

Lotus Garden

La Cucira

Mambos

We will eat in Le Bistro for sure and maybe 2 others, just are quite decided..

thanks for the help.

Nita

My wife claimed the antipasto plate at La Cucina was the best thing she had, me the free margaritas at mambos since no one else drank theirs I had 3 :D

I had the pork Saltibaco at La Cucina and it was very good my wife had the chicken Parm and didn't care for it.

She had fajitas at Mambos and I had the ribs. One of the best deserts we had on the ship was at mambos, the caramelized margarita tartlet we also had the flan (so so)

now I have another question: if you had to choose just one, which of these restaurants would you choose?

Lotus Garden

La Cucira

Mambos

We will eat in Le Bistro for sure and maybe 2 others, just are quite decided..

thanks for the help.

Nita

I'd go with Mambos.

The pork taquitos as an appetizer were great. I too had the chcken fajitas and they were delicious. DW loved both the beef burrito (best she has ever eaten) and the chocolate cinnamon cake with carmel icing as well.

You get a choice of strawberry or lime for the margaritas. We chose strawberry but thought it was strange that they salted the rim of the glass. Usually the strawberry margaritas have sugar on the rim. The lime one are always salted.

Could have been a mistake.

DJD

I'd go with Mambos.

The pork taquitos as an appetizer were great. I too had the chcken fajitas and they were delicious. DW loved both the beef burrito (best she has ever eaten) and the chocolate cinnamon cake with carmel icing as well.

You get a choice of strawberry or lime for the margaritas. We chose strawberry but thought it was strange that they salted the rim of the glass. Usually the strawberry margaritas have sugar on the rim. The lime one are always salted.

DJD

I like that my nickname for you caught on:D

I'd go with Mambos.

DJD

heck Jack, i don't think many of those working on the ship are from Mexico, Texas or Ca, they have no clue what to put on the rim...LOL

I think we will do Mambos. Sounds like a good bet and we will be doing Asian the night before the cruise at a place in Pasadena that we know is outstanding.

Thanks again, we can hardly wait..

Nita

• 1 month later...

"We didn't do the ticket to dine and didn't see it offered. We ate at all the specialty restaurants except La Cucina. I am not sure I am a fan of the new dining room menus. As usual the specialty restaurants were great!"

We are sailing on the Pearl to Alaska in June - what is new about their dining room menus?

Hi Familyof4

Thanks for your post about the Pearl. We just booked our first Pearl cruise for next year so it's great to read about it. We've been on several NCL cruises but that will be the first for that ship.

Judy

Archived