Disney Magic VS Nick Themed NCL Epic....?

keltshan

My best friend and I and our 3 kids (4/6/7) are going to do a 7 day Caribbean cruise in Jan 2011. We were planning on the Disney Magic with adjoining rooms, but NCL's new ship the Epic will have Nickelodeon themed kids activities and they all LOVE Spongebob. We could get an awesome 2BR/2BA villa that sleeps 6 for the cost of Disney's lowest category. I don't know which way to go, because the Epic has yet to sail and there are no reviews as to how great the theming or the kids programs are.

Any advice??????:o

Pretty difficult to compare a known ship (Magic) to an unknown (Epic). I'd have to suggest going with your gut instincts. Which do you feel offers the best deal, best itinerary, and entertainment that the kids would prefer?

You can't go wrong with a Disney cruise with 3 kids that age. They'll love it and you'll have a blast.

The Epic looks great, I booked a villa for a 12/10 sailing and looking forward to it. I haven't been on NCL in many years so can't give valid comparison, but from what I read the suite experience on NCL is supposed to be exceptional, but not geared towards young children.

Overall though I think the EPIC may be better suited to you when the kids are a little older. Yes they have Spongebob, but there's also going to be a lot of "adult" themed activities on board. Also remember that NCL has a lot of extras that aren't included in your cruise fare.

Either way I'm sure you'll have a great time.:D

I love DCL, but I would definitely go with the epic! I have really enjoyed NCL & they have improved a lot in the last years- like offering free soda just like dcl.

That ship looks incredible!! I'm dying to get on it. Especially 'cause they have a first in the cruising industry- studio rooms for solo travelers.

We sail both Disney and NCL. I am going on the EPIC's first sailing out of Miami.

I would have to say with children that young, you should stick with Disney. If the EPIC follows suit with all the other NCL ships, you will have to pick up your children from the kids clubs when they close for lunch, dinner and ports, unless you pay extra.

Disney has always remained open and even taken the kids from the dining area you are in at dinner, to the club. Disney will even take your children to lunch and dinner if you have other plans, NCL does not.

My children are now grown and only my youngest (13) travels with me now, but I do remember when they were younger and always found Disney to be the easier cruise with kids.

Have a great time no matter what cruise you choose!

I love DCL, but I would definitely go with the epic! I have really enjoyed NCL & they have improved a lot in the last years- like offering free soda just like dcl.

That ship looks incredible!! I'm dying to get on it. Especially 'cause they have a first in the cruising industry- studio rooms for solo travelers.

Never got free soda on NCL.

I have been on two Disney cruises and they are definetly my favorite cruise. They have plenty of things for kids of all ages and adults. The ships are an average size filled with activites so you will never be bored. However, I have not been on the Epic considering it's new, but I have sailed on the NCL Dawn. I was not very happy with the food I found that it was not "cruise quality" food. I also dislike larger ships like the Epic, because the lines are long and it's easier to get lost and lose younger ones. I would stick with Disney. Disney was my favorite vacation and I think it will remain that way. Good luck and have fun on whichever cruise you chose. :)

Archived