What time can you board in San Juan?

travelingmom37

We will be taking our first cruise out of San Juan in March. On our previous cruises out of Miami or Lauderdale, you could ussually board by 11:30 AM-12 noon. Is the same true in San Juan? The scheduled departure is not until 8:30 pm. We are hoping we can still board early and enjoy the ship for most of the day.

We will be taking our first cruise out of San Juan in March. On our previous cruises out of Miami or Lauderdale, you could ussually board by 11:30 AM-12 noon. Is the same true in San Juan? The scheduled departure is not until 8:30 pm. We are hoping we can still board early and enjoy the ship for most of the day.

I sailed last month and we were on the ship before 1:00pm:D:):D

I think it was between 12:00 and 12:30 actually:)...I know it was way before 2:00:)

We've usually arrived at the pier not much after noon and found embarkation well under way. As one poster indicated, if you board early you'll often need to lug your carry-on around until the rooms are cleared around 1PM. They'll direct you to the buffet for lunch but you really have the run of all the public areas of the ship.

What time is the latest you can get on the boat? If the boat leaves at 8:30 pm, and we drop off our bags, will we have a few hours to explore san juan before leaving?

The Celebrity web site says 90 minutes or earlier if you've not done the on-line check-in. Also, I know that recent cruises out of San Juan have had the muster drill at 5 or 5:30PM and that if you miss this I've heard that you are required to do a make up the following morning.

If you are flying in the day before -- stay at the Sharton next to the convention center they give you a day pass to use the pool and will hold your luggage until you are ready to board.

we go on the ship about 3pm and it was good.

enjoy your cruise!!!:D

CRZGL, is that the Sheraton Old San Juan that you are referring to? If so, how did you get from the hotel to the dock? Did you take a cab or was there a shuttle, and also, how much would it cost?

Thanks

jbwinvan

Hi, nope...this Sheraton is quite new and its not located

in "Old San Juan".

We passed by it last month and it looks really nice:)

Archived