Recent Boarding Times for Regatta out of Miami

sj cruiser

What times have people been boarding in Miami recently? We don't have early boarding privileges so looking for when the common folks get to board. I know what it says in the docs but just wondering what is more reasonable. We arrive at MIA at 7:25 am that morning so just wondering how long we have to wander the streets before heading over to the port.

We did the Panama Canal out of Miami about a year ago. We were at the dock about noon due to travel plans. Our official boarding time was 3pm. We were allowed to check in and then were shown to a seating area that had coffee, soft drinks, cookies, etc and asked to wait until our boarding time. We were also given a "boarding number". At about 2pm they started calling groups of numbers and we were on board by 2:10. Some people complained loudly as there was a gap from when the early boarders got on of about an hour with no one boarding. However they made the waiting as pleasant as it could be under the circumstances.

I would also note there appeared to be a charity event going on on board and that may have influenced boarding times.

Take a book just in case.

Some people complained loudly as there was a gap from when the early boarders got on of about an hour with no one boarding.

In the past, I have felt that the early boarding procedure worked hand in hand with the "priority" Specialty restaurant reservation policy.

Now that Specialty reservations may be made online, after final payment is made, it will be interesting to see how strictly they continue to enforce the early boarding rules.

As long as the suites get made up first, what difference does it make who else gets lunch in the Terrace Grill?

Agreed. In Europe we have always got on the ship when we arrived no matter what the time.

Specialty reservations were always done in Toscanna for the suites and in the GDR for us common folks.

I think the Port authority of Miami has some influence on boarding times or maybe it is closer to the Home Office and they feel they have to follow the rules more closely since early boarding is a "perk" of the higher ups.

Specialty reservations were always done in Toscanna for the suites and in the GDR for us common folks

That is another thing that varies from port to port. We've seen them taking restaurant reservations in Horizons, Polo, Toscana, the Terrace Cafe and the GDR.

Always ask where they are taking reservations as you board, dont assume that you know where to go.

Hmmm...thanks for asking this as I had the exact same question. Our flight into MIA is at 12:15 this Thursday meaning arrival at port around 1ish. In Greece we arrived early and were let on board without any wait whatsoever.

Given the 2pm being cited here we'll drop our bags and find a restaurant for lunch and come back later in the afternoon.

Given the 2pm being cited here we'll drop our bags and find a restaurant for lunch and come back later in the afternoon.

You need to be ONBOARD 90 minutes prior to sailing so make sure you factor that in to the schedule

I would grab a quick bite at the airport then by the time you get to the port & check in you should be ready to board

Lyn

Archived