Lost Baggage & Royal Caribbean's response

Miata2004

• 4 years later...
The problem we ran into was my daughter never received her luggage when we disembarked.

... When we asked what we could do, we were told to fill out a form.

...The sad part is it appeared that none of the employees cared.

... After two weeks, Royal has said they have no idea what happened, and offered my daughter $300 to cover the loss.

Next time, we will go on another line when we choose to cruise. We will also consider keeping our bags in our own posession since we can't trust them to Royal's crew.

I am going through the same experience, except different disembarkation port (Southhampton). How did you finally get a resolution from these guys? It's been over 3 weeks for me and every time I call I am told the person assigned my case is working with their Lost and Found to try and locate my bag. At my wits end - I just want this to be over!!

I am going through the same experience, except different disembarkation port (Southhampton). How did you finally get a resolution from these guys? It's been over 3 weeks for me and every time I call I am told the person assigned my case is working with their Lost and Found to try and locate my bag. At my wits end - I just want this to be over!!

DH and I are also currently going through the same experience. When we returned to Amsterdam from our British Isles cruise on June 3rd, we disembarked the ship and looked through the "group 3" luggage in the cruise terminal. One piece of luggage was there, the other was not. After searching for 30 minutes, we needed to depart for the airport. We filled out a form and made our way to the airport. I called RC when we returned home that evening and made a claim. Since then, we haven't received a call from RC, but we've called RC three times. Each time, it's recommended that we talk with the representative with whom we initially made the claim, but no one knows when she'll be working again. The representative on the phone isn't able to give us much information about our claim.

Has anyone else been in this situation? If our luggage isn't found, what are the next steps?

This incident makes me think about self-disembarkation in the future. What are the drawbacks to this?

Thanks for your information.

I have taken hundreds and hundreds of trips and I have never once taken insurance. Are you saying I'm not smart?

No, the reality is that everyone weights the risk and benefit and makes a decision. I have decided that if something happens, I can afford the hit. And in the long run, I'll probably save money by not paying for all that insurance.

Insurance is great if you decide it's worth it.

The very first cruise we were on, we did't buy insurance. We saw three people taken off the ship, one airlifted. I decided that if I were to get sick at sea, I didn't want that bill and so have gotten insurance ever since.

It paid off handily in 2009. We had a B2B in a GS booked for our 25th anniversary. In July, I passed out and hit my eye on the edge of the bathroom counter popping it, opening my Lasik flap, jamming my lens in the bottom of my eye and detaching my retina. 2 weeks before our cruise, doctors told me I needed another surgery and that I wouldn't be able to fly. At the time, I was trying to save my eyesight. I was glad to have the insurance because I got nearly $15,000 back. Had I known then what I know now, I would have told them to pound sand and they can do my eye surgery when I returned.

My step-mother was happy to have insurance as well when she didn't take my advise to fly in the day before. She was on a Regence Silver Seas cruise and was sitting on a tarmac when her ship left.

It is a small price to pay for what your entire trip costs.

This thread is 7 years old. I would post a new thread.

As I was reading through it, I was going to comment, then I saw that I had! Many years ago!