A3's on Deck 16 or 17?

familyof4cruising

I know there is a queen (or king not sure) bed in the master bedroom and 2 small bunk beds in the tiny room, where do the other 2 people sleep? Is there a pull out sofa in these cabins? I only ask because I thought we could only fit 4 people in the Dawn AB Penthousem which is a similar room.

The A3 and now even the AB on the Dawn hold a max of 6. It is very cozy. 2 on the queen in the master, 2 on the double sofa in the kids room, 1 in the Pullman in the kids room, and two on the sofa bed in the living room (recently added to the Dawn).

• 1 month later...
I went with deck 16. My logic right or wrong was easier access to/from the villa and the courtyard amenities.

time2cruise1:

I hope you get this. Can you please come back with pictures of the Courtyard area/ sundeck/Posh and anything else anyone booked in the CV would love to see.

Have a great cruise. Safe travels!

time2cruise1:

I hope you get this. Can you please come back with pictures of the Courtyard area/ sundeck/Posh and anything else anyone booked in the CV would love to see.

Have a great cruise. Safe travels!

I will be happy to if we in fact get into the courtyard. The whole complex remains closed to those on the current 2 day cruise. Not even open for a cabin view by the TAs onboard. Those booked into CVs for the 1 nigher to Southampton have been moved to cabins on the main decks. At least one member of the roll call has been called and told their Owners Suite will not be ready for the transatlantic and have been moved to a spa suite :mad:

I will be happy to if we in fact get into the courtyard. The whole complex remains closed to those on the current 2 day cruise. Not even open for a cabin view by the TAs onboard. Those booked into CVs for the 1 nigher to Southampton have been moved to cabins on the main decks. At least one member of the roll call has been called and told their Owners Suite will not be ready for the transatlantic and have been moved to a spa suite :mad:

Wow...I never read any of this. Too many people to disappoint, so I'm sure they will finish what they need to. I wish you luck with all of this. Please let me know what happens. When do you fly out?

You will enjoy the Courtyard Villa suite (A3 soon to be S4).

We had a Courtyard Villa (A3) on the Jewel back in July. Since you will have your kids with you, they will love it.

I booked a Deck 16 forward A3 for the 6/24/10 TA sailing to NY, but after studying the pictures, I moved to deck 17 midway. I was concerned the round window on the front of the balcony and could not get an answer from NCL as to the "Open Air" balcony combined with a wind tunnel effect in those three A3's that face forward.

We are boo ken in the TA next May in one of the A3's in the front. From reading all the descriptions on NCL it will be an open air balcony - what window are you referring to? Booked the front because we thought it would be an incredible view

I booked 17025 to be away from the courtyard/pool noise, but now am concerned about not having cabins above me. People could be dragging chairs in the morning. Does it look like chaise lounges above 17025?

How can they possibly put a nightclub above the owners suites? This makes no sense to me. From the picture, I am not sure where the nightclub ends on deck 18. I am thinking about going down to deck 16, as we like to sleep in late. Does anyone know what will be above 17025?

Thanks for the help!

I booked 17025 to be away from the courtyard/pool noise, but now am concerned about not having cabins above me. People could be dragging chairs in the morning. Does it look like chaise lounges above 17025?

How can they possibly put a nightclub above the owners suites? This makes no sense to me. From the picture, I am not sure where the nightclub ends on deck 18. I am thinking about going down to deck 16, as we like to sleep in late. Does anyone know what will be above 17025?

Thanks for the help!

We will know very soon.

Thank you for the blog!!!

We were in 17031. Would have preferred deck 16. The public sundeck above us had herds of small elephants tromping across it at all hours.

Thanks Becky. Based on your comment I moved from my CV on 17 to one on 16. I was surprised that I had my choice of 5 or 6 cabins on the port side of 16 for my 12-11-2010 sailing.

I was concerned about the noise from above and your comment clinched it. Glad there was still plenty of availability.

Thanks Becky. Based on your comment I moved from my CV on 17 to one on 16. I was surprised that I had my choice of 5 or 6 cabins on the port side of 16 for my 12-11-2010 sailing.

I was concerned about the noise from above and your comment clinched it. Glad there was still plenty of availability.

Cruzmaven...nice to see someone from my cruise that will be upstairs too!

Check back into the roll call as Groovers is updating people in "blue" and you are still in red. I had some concerns about noise above as I am on 17, however it is the Couryard Deck, not the public deck above me so I'm hoping people don't drag chairs too early. I'm a maven too!

Cruzmaven...nice to see someone from my cruise that will be upstairs too!

Check back into the roll call as Groovers is updating people in "blue" and you are still in red. I had some concerns about noise above as I am on 17, however it is the Couryard Deck, not the public deck above me so I'm hoping people don't drag chairs too early. I'm a maven too!

We had a CV on the Pearl and the CV butler was moving deck chairs above us at 7:00am. That is why I picked deck 16 on the Epic.

We had a CV on the Pearl and the CV butler was moving deck chairs above us at 7:00am. That is why I picked deck 16 on the Epic.

I would have picked deck 16 for my cabin, however it has no balcony, which deck 17 does. Hopefully being over in the corner, I won't have any dragging, but if I do, I have no problem talking to the concierge or butler :)

Archived